Staking Strategies: How to Win in Sports Betting like a Pro!
Understanding what staking strategies are and when and how to use them are very integral aspects of a bettor life. Understanding which staking strategy works best for you will take you a long way in your betting endeavors. Many bettors don’t really see the importance and why they need to understand staking strategies, which is why their betting behavior and financial health have been characteristic of inefficiency and unproductivity at best. If you are on this page, then, you are among the few smart ones that understand the value to getting right the fundamental at the right moment. This article educates bettors on what exactly staking strategies are, why bettors should pay attention to them, and the different types of these staking strategies that you will find out there.
- It specifies the right amount to wager on bet
- It can be fixed or variable
- It helps manage risk in betting more appropriately
- Your bankroll size and risk threshold help determine your staking strategy
- Your betting goals and style also help determine your staking strategy
Staking Strategies: How to win in Sports Betting like a Pro
Let’s start with the basic stuff. A simple and straightforward definition of a staking strategy or plan.
Staking strategy is simply an initiative that a bettor uses to determine the right amount of money that falls within the boundaries of reasonable to risk on a wager in sports betting.
Staking strategy provides you with a template that will guide and dictate how much you will be devoting to wager on each bet you place. Just as itinerary works for a pilot, just as timetables work for project and students, staking strategy is an equivalent of this to bettors, just that instead of specifying where the journey will take a CEO to at a specific time, or what subject students will be having at so-so time, staking strategy specifies the amount that bettors will risk on wager on a given bet in the course of gambling and betting.
There are quite a number of staking strategies out there but the ugly truth is that not all of them perform up to the task expected of them. Let’s itemize some notable staking strategies you’ll definitely meet, that’s if you haven’t already:
- Betting All In;
- Fixed staking system;
- Adjusted Fixed Stake;
- Kelly Staking System; and
- Labouchere; to mention but few.
Categories of Staking Strategies
There are two broad categories of divisions of staking strategies that bettors use in betting and gambling. Without mincing words, these two categories include:
- Fixed staking strategies; and
- Variable staking strategies.
Fixed staking strategies simply stipulate a fixed percentage or amount of your bankroll in terms of wager requirements. In other words, bettors using a fixed staking strategy will not vary his wager but rather each wager decided are fixed percentage of the overall bankroll. Feel free to check out our article on Fixed Bet for more indepth knowledge.
Conversely, for variable staking strategy, they simply imply the opposite of fixed staking strategy. If you are using a variable staking strategy, then it implies that the amount you wager per bet per time varies and is not the same percentage of your overall bankroll. Some very notable example of variable staking strategies that are well discussed in our other articles include Martingale Betting Strategy, Fibonacci Betting Strategy, and Kelly Strategy.
Deciding which staking strategy is best for you
This is one of those questions where you should be worried about the authenticity of the reply if it’s a straight one. The simple truth is that there is no straight answer to this question. Better put, it’s not the kind you can say outright this is. The reason for this is simple. There exists a wide range of profiles among bettors. Their personality models betting profiles for bettors and consequently, bettors have different betting goals, different betting styles, and so forth. All these make it relatively difficult, if not impossible, to say this is the rightest staking strategy.
However, the workaround for this is to provide adequate and accurate answers to some very salient questions as best as you can. By doing this, we’ve chunked down the broad question of which is best and now narrowed it down to “if this style, what works best?”. Four questions are very important to ask yourself in your search for the right staking strategy for you in your gambling and betting endeavor. They include:
- Risk threshold: It’s pretty straightforward. How much risk can you take? The moment you can give a concise and straight answer to this, you just need to evaluate the list of available staking strategies that work and determine which is best for your level of risk threshold.
- Overall Bankroll Size: Again, this is no rocket science. Among the staking strategies that actually work, some work best with a sizeable overall bankroll like the size of the cosmos. Some other staking strategies scale excellently well with a relatively small bankroll. The mission here is to ask yourself how big or how small is the overall bankroll you are trying to manage?
- Betting Goals: This is very important. For Pros in sports betting and gambling to achieve the status they hone today, they have been able to successfully identified their betting needs and set their betting goals and priorities accordingly. To be a Pro in betting and gambling too, and to be able to actually get a staking strategy that will work the magic for you, then it’s imperative that you identify and clearly list out your betting goals. It is after then that you can now identify a corresponding staking strategy known to work best with the nature of your betting goals.
- Betting Style: Lastly, you must have been able to profile yourself and how you exhibit your betting affairs. Try and understand your betting style and know what it is. Next thing will be to find a staking strategy that flies excellently for that betting and gambling style.
Want More Relevant Information?
Pros and experienced bettors and gamblers who go about their business with pride and value have seen it all. it’s not always raining. There will time to lose and lose well, there will also be time to win and win well. Whether the bet odds offered by your sportsbook on your favorite sports events and game create avenues for winning or not, having a staking strategy that will help manage your portfolio in terms of how much you spend on a wager when betting is extremely important.
Check out our Sports Betting Comparison for more relevant and up-to-date information and resources to upgrade your betting style and career and stay on top of your game. Even when bets are coming good, and you are getting good bet odds, things are looking good, you are killing it and on the most occasions of your sports betting, you win.
Without a very sound staking strategy in place, all it takes for all the traces of win to disappear is a brief episode of ugly betting where you end up losing money no matter how favorable the bet odds look for your bets. In times like this, emotion and impulse will want to take over. Bettors are more likely not able to think straight and come up with choices that are cropped up by informed, objective decisions.
But with staking strategy already in place, all you have to do is stick to the script and in no long time, the odds that things will get back to the way it used to be are pretty looking good. Use these staking strategies to manage your risk in betting. There is already enough example to learn from.