Offering both classic sports betting and a unique form of sports betting known as points betting, PointsBet is one of the more unique sports betting sites on the American market (licensed in New Jersey, West Virginia, Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Colorado and Michigan). While it has not yet reached the popularity of some of the more famous brands, PointsBet has managed to capture a decent chunk of the player base through some interesting promotional and marketing tactics.
On this page, you can find all the information you need about PointsBet bonus, ways to claim it and the basic terms and conditions of the offer. By the time you are done reading through this review, you will have a good idea of whether signing up for the PointsBet welcome offer is worth your time and what kind of other promotions you can claim at the site.
- PointsBet Bonus Code: Up to $1.000 in Bet Refunds
- Interesting Offer, but Can I Use my Preferred Deposit Method
- Let’s Go: I Want to Register!
- PointsBet Bonus Conditions in Detail
- Tips: How to Fulfill the Bonus Requirements
- Top 5 Common Mistakes: PointsBet Promo Code & Others
- PointsBet Reload Bonus & Promotions
PointsBet Bonus Code: Up to $1.000 in Bet Refunds
Most bookies out there offer some kind of a welcome bonus for their players, but PointsBet offers a fantastic welcome bonus worth up to USD 1.000. All players who make a real money deposit with PointsBet have a chance to claim refunds on up to four USD 250 bets, two on each points betting and fixed odds betting.
The way PointsBet welcome bonus works is through risk free bets that players can make when they make their first deposit. Players who use the appropriate bonus code can get refunds on their first two points bets and first two fixed odds bets, up to a total value of USD 250 each.
Of course, players will only get the full value of their risk free bets refunded into their accounts if the first bets they make are losing ones. If the bets are winners, you will not get refunded as the winnings alone will be enough to satisfy the player.
The maximum refund amount on any bet you make will be equal to the actual amount you bet. In order to have the best chance, players should try to make their bets worth USD 250 each, as there is no real risk involved with them and the entire amount is refunded if the bets are losing ones.
Interesting Offer, but Can I Use my Preferred Deposit Method
Online gambling bonuses have been around for a long time and many savvy punters have found ways of making them work to their advantage. Many such gamblers have actually managed to defraud bookies out of multiple bonuses by using certain payment methods, which is why bookies often restrict bonus offers only to those players who make their deposits using the most transparent of deposit methods.
That said, PointsBet does not fall into this category, as the bookie allows all players, regardless of the deposit method they used, to claim the full value of all the welcome bonus and other promotional offers the site has. All you need to do is sign up and the bonus will be yours when you make those first real money bets.
Let’s Go: I Want to Register!
PointsBet is a fully licensed and regulated sports betting entity in the USA and as such it accepts all US players who live in those states in which PointsBet has an operating license. This means that one of the first things you should consider if you want to play with PointsBet is whether or not you live in one of these states, which is the only way you can legitimately sign up at the site.
If you do comply with the state requirement, you will also need to remember that only users who are over the age of 21 can legally bet on sports in the USA. If you are of a legal betting age and check out all the other conditions, you can easily sign up with the operator following these few simple steps:
- Visit the PointsBet website
- Click the red sign up button in top right corner
- Fill out your personal information
- Use the PointsBet promo code AG1000
- Choose a deposit method in your cashier
- Make a deposit and claim your welcome bonus
The registration process at PointsBet is a straight forward one with very few requirements. While the operator does require the user to provide some basic personal information, including a partial social security number, the full identity confirmation does not have to be done immediately. Instead, PointsBet only requires players to send in their documents at a later point, when they request their first cashout.
The only requirement during the registration process itself is that the player provides a genuine email address that needs to be confirmed before any deposit can be made. The email verification process is completed by clicking a link sent to the player in the initial registration confirmation email.
PointsBet Bonus Conditions in Detail
Like most online gambling bonuses, the PointsBet deposit promo is subject to a number of terms and conditions that are in place to protect the bookie against fraud attempts and make the promotion fair for all parties. Before all others, there are legal terms, which restrict persons under the age of 21 from claiming the bonus along with those who live in states in which the operator is not licensed. It goes without saying that you should not attempt to claim the bonus if you do not comply with these basic provisions.
If you do comply with these and you have managed to claim your welcome offer, the bonus will be paid in the form of four risk free bets, worth USD 250 each. Players can get a refund on all losses incurred from the first two fixed odds bet and the first two points betting bet placed with the operator, each worth up to USD 250.
If your initial bets with the bookies are winners, you will not get any refund. On the other hand, if the bets are losing ones, you will receive a full refund and will have an opportunity to place new wagers with your bonus bets. The bonus bets are not cashable but all winnings made from them are paid as real cash which can be used for further betting or cashed out.
The bonus is only available to new customers who sign up with the site and use PointsBet bonus code AG1000 during registration. This promo code is inserted into the registration form automatically, so make sure not to remove it in order to receive your welcome bonus.
Bonus & Condition details
Tips: How to Fulfill the Bonus Requirements
The bonus terms and conditions of the PointsBet promo are quite simple and easy to comply with, but there is more than one way to approach the bonus in question. Considering the offer is made up of four different match bonuses, players will want to get acquainted with the points betting system first before trying to claim the full bonus.
In order to get the full value of the PointsBet welcome offer, players will need to wager USD 1.000 in total, which is a significant amount. With that in mind, we have prepared a few tips that may help you get the best out of your bonus and help you feel more confident risking this kind of money on a sports bet.
- One step at a time: The PointsBet welcome bonus is made up of four parts and the four free bets are not tied to one another. Go ahead and make your first fixed odds bets and use the free bet if necessary while remaining on the known turf. The points betting free bets will be available later and you can use your profits from your first fixed odds bet to go after this one.
- Bet what you can: While it is always recommended to use the full value of any promotional offer, making bets that make you uncomfortable is not a good idea. Bet the amount you can afford and don’t worry too much about the value you are potentially leaving on the table if you can’t afford to make the full USD 1.00o bets.
- Be careful with your free bet: While the first bets you make with PointsBet are completely risk-free, the actual free bet is your last chance to make something happen of your initial deposit. Make sure you bet smart with your bonus money and don’t risk too heavily when using the free bets.
Top 5 Common Mistakes: PointsBet Promo Code & Others
The PointsBet welcome offer is quite a simple one and it was designed in a way that novice and experienced bettors should understand. However, anyone can make a mistake and there are some things that players should keep an eye out for and some mistakes worth staying away from. We bring you a short list of the top mistakes that players tend to make with their initial PointsBet welcome offer.
- Not understanding the points betting: Points betting is quite a unique way of sports betting that is only offered at PointsBet. If you are looking to claim both parts of the welcome offer, make sure you understand the points betting system first and don’t make the mistake of wasting one half of the bonus.
- Making very risky bets: While risk-free bets do encourage some gamble, you should not go completely wild and make bets that have nearly no chance of winning. Weigh the chance of success against the risk you are taking and make bets that will satisfy your betting needs and expectations.
- Deleting the promo code: The PointsBet deposit promo code AG1000 needs to be inserted in the promo code field during the registration process in order to receive the welcome offer. Make sure you put in the right code in order to get the appropriate bonus.
- Playing from the wrong state: PointsBet is only licensed in a handful of states for the time being, so make sure that you are playing from a state in which the operator does have a license. Otherwise, you will not receive the bonus or be able to play for real money.
- Playing on fake accounts: The worst mistake you can make is to create a fake account with the operator, deposit real money and only realize you will not receive any winnings afterwards. You have to be able to confirm your account ownership in order to request any cashout.
PointsBet Reload Bonus & Promotions
PointsBet is one of the most unique sports betting sites in the USA and on top of their welcome offer, a number of other PointsBet offers are available to all existing real money players. These offers include various price boosts, refunds and reload bonuses, offered on a permanent or time limited basis.
Players who players who enjoy parlay betting, the operator has prepared a special boosted price on one daily parlay worth up to USD 200. In various sports, the operator is willing to pay out winnings the moment your team takes a commanding lead and additional cash can be won by betting on specific sporting events.
Overall speaking, PointsBet is full of amazing surprises for all its players, including those playing from the PointsBet app and there is more value to be claimed with this operator than most other sports betting sites out there. In case all of this was not enough and you are not looking to risk money of your own, simply bring a friend over to PointsBet and earn an additional USD 50 for referring a new real money player to the site.
FAQPointsBet Bonus: Frequent Questions and Answers
Points betting is a unique form of sports betting that awards players whose teams win by big margins and punishes those who lose by a big margin in turn. It is an interesting and novel system of betting that takes a step away from traditional betting forms.
No! The operator offers both points betting and fixed odds betting and you can claim a USD 250 free bet with both. So, it is entirely up to you if you want to stick to traditional betting or feel like there is an edge to be had with the points betting offers.
Yes! Both the fixed odds free bets and the points betting free bets are available to all new players who sign up with the operator with the promo code AG1000. Hence, if you’re new to points betting, you can take advantage of this welcome offer to reduce your risk and see what it’s all about.
Yes! During registration, use promo code AG1000 in order to be eligible for the USD 1.000 in risk free bets. If you fail to use the code, make sure to contact the support team before placing any bets and see if they can manually add the bonus for you.
Yes! Once you have wagered your free bets, all winnings will be paid out as real cash and cashable immediately. Wagering requirements for the welcome offer aren’t too hard to meet and you can use some advice found here to get you across that line quicker.