Owned by Betfair Interactive US and a part of the massively popular FanDuel family, FanDuel Sportsbook was one of the first legal sports betting sites to appear in the USA (today licensed in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Arizona, Colorado, Michigan and Tennessee). FanDuel initially started out as a daily fantasy sports site exclusively, but quickly added the sports betting option the moment it became possible to do in some states.
In this FanDuel Sportsbook Bonus review, we take a look at the operator’s welcome bonus and other bonus options and examine all the important terms and conditions of all offers that players can claim at this sportsbook. Keep reading, find out if you will need a FanDuel Sportsbook promo code to claim your welcome offer and what kind of a kickback you can hope for when playing with one of the leading names in the US online gambling industry. If you’re looking for alternatives, we can recommend Pointsbet or William Hill.
- FanDuel Sportsbook Welcome Offer: $1,000 for Your First Deposit
- Interesting Offer, but Can I Use my Preferred Deposit Method
- Let’s Go: I Want to Register!
- FanDuel Sportsbook Bonus Conditions in Detail
- Tips: How to Fulfill the Bonus Requirements
- Top 5 Common Mistakes in Fulfilling the Terms
- FanDuel Reload Bonus & Promotions
FanDuel Sportsbook Welcome Offer: $1,000 for Your First Deposit
FanDuel is currently licensed and open for real money play in a number of states, whose residents can sign up for free player accounts. Once signed up, players can lay claim to all the perks of being a FanDuel member, including the lucrative FanDuel Sportsbook deposit bonus offer.
The welcome offer at FanDuel consists of a single free bet which players can claim upon signing up with the site. The free bet can be claimed by all players who make a real money deposit and place their first wager, which ends up being a losing wager.
Players whose first wager with the site is a winner will not get any promotional funds, while those who lose up to USD 1,000 on their first bet will get a full refund in bonus money. The bonus money can then be used to place a further bet and try to recuperate the losses incurred on the initial bet. If you prefer a deposit bonus you can find that at BetRivers.
The risk-free bet option gives new players who sign up with the FanDuel Sportsbook a great chance to try and spin up their bankroll in a quick and efficient way. Remember, however, that the deposit bonus is only valid for the first bet one makes with the operator, which makes it critical to choose the size and the actual market to bet on wisely on that first go around.
Interesting Offer, but Can I Use my Preferred Deposit Method
It is no secret that online gambling promotions were often misused by players in the past, which has led to some stricter terms and conditions imposed by many bookies and online casinos. Many sites no longer issue bonuses to players who make their deposits using some deposit methods, which were traditionally associated with bonus fraud.
However, FanDuel Sportsbook does not seem to have a problem with this, as all deposit methods are eligible for the first deposit bonus. Whether one chooses to deposit directly from a bank account or credit card or using one of the other services such as PayPal, the operator will pay out the bonus should the player’s first bet end up being a losing one.
Let’s Go: I Want to Register!
You like the FanDuel Sportsbook welcome offer and are ready to join? The entire process of becoming a real money player and getting your hands on the lucrative offer will take no more than a few minutes, and we have prepared a full step by step guide to help lead you through the actual process.
In order to become a player at FanDuel, you will want to make sure that you live in one of the states in which this operator has a license for online gambling and that you are at least 21 years old, both of which are preconditions for being a member of the site. If you are in compliance with these terms, here are the basic steps you should follow to join up:
- Visit FanDuel Sportsbook via browser or FanDuel Sportsbook app
- Click the green Join Now button
- Fill out the registration form with personal info
- Confirm your email address
- Choose a deposit method and deposit funds
- Make your first real money wager
The FanDuel sportsbook sign up bonus is available to all new real money players who sign up and make a real money wager, so you will not have to worry about what deposit method you used to make the deposit or any other minor details like that. In fact, all you need to worry about is making sure that you make a single wager worth as close as possible to the full USD 1,000 amount of the bonus.
Remember that in order to receive the bonus, you will have to confirm the ownership of your email address, so make sure you use a real one. Other personal information such as the last four digits of your SSN will be asked during registration as well, so don’t try to sign up for this offer if you are not willing to share those.
FanDuel Sportsbook Bonus Conditions in Detail
The basic terms and conditions of the FanDuel welcome offer are quite straight forward and simple for anyone to follow, so if you are looking to claim the offer, you will not have to think about too many details. The first thing to remember is that you will not have to use any FanDuel Sportsbook promo in order to claim the bonus, which is always a good thing as players tend to forget inputting these during the deposit.
Once you have made your first deposit, you will be able to claim a refund on your first wager worth up to USD 1,000, provided that the wager is a losing one. Only losing bets are refunded, while winning bets are paid out in full and not refunded by the operator.
If you do end up claiming the free bet as a result of losing your first real money bet with FanDuel, the refund will be made available to you within 72 hours of the initial bet being settled. From here, you will need to wager the free bet on any non-excluded market and if your bet is a winner, you will only receive the winnings from this bet. The free bet itself is non-cashable.
Any winnings made as a result of wagering your free bet will be subject to a 1x wagering requirement, which can be fulfilled by betting the money on any non-excluded betting markets once. Barring these basic conditions, the operator does not impose any further requirements or restrictions on players, and all real money players are held accountable to the same set of rules and conditions we listed here.
Bonus & Condition details
Tips: How to Fulfill the Bonus Requirements
Free bet bonuses are quite different from most other online gambling bonuses as they typically need to be wagered all at once. This means that players need to make a single big wager to start things off and if they lose, they get another shot at a wager of the same size. This can make some players anxious about how to approach the free bet concept, which is why we decided to share a few interesting tips that you can use when claiming your FanDuel welcome bonus.
- Mind the odds: Depending on what you are looking to do with the bonus funds you receive, you will want to make either a risky bet on a long shot or a more conservative one. We suggest taking a bit more risk on your initial bet and being more careful with the free bet if your first bet loses.
- Easy on the free bet: If you do lose your first bet and you claim the free bet bonus, you might want to try a bet with smaller odds and more chance of winning. Try to get some real cash back into your account and spin it back up.
- Bet what you know: Your best shot to actually make money with either your initial real money bet or the free bet you get from the bookie is to bet on a sport and market that you personally know a lot about and are comfortable with. Bet the sport you know and increase your chances.
Top 5 Common Mistakes in Fulfilling the Terms
There is no shame in being inexperienced and unsure of how to do something and when it comes to the FanDuel welcome bonus offer, we are sure that some tips that will prevent you from doing the wrong things are more than welcome. We have prepared a short list of the top 5 mistakes that players tend to make with the bonus and the best ways to avoid them.
- Being too conservative: Players often want to go for a big bet when they sign up, since the risk-free bet is at play. However, the big bet size can make some players want to make a conservative bet. Don’t fall into this trap and take a little risk on this first shot.
- Going crazy with the bet: Remember that winning on your first bet is always better than losing and getting a refund, so don’t go too crazy and make a bet that can never win. Try to balance it out between risk and reward.
- Letting the free bet expire: The free bet terms and conditions often change, but you should make sure that you know how long the free bet will remain available and adjust to this in order not to let the free bet go to waste.
- Multiple promotions: Trying to use multiple promotions at the same time simply does not work. If you try to get two free bets out of a single bet or use the free bet in conjunction with another promotion, you will not be allowed to.
- Using fake identity: For many years, people have tried to defraud online gambling sites out of free bets and bonuses. This doesn’t work and you will have to confirm your identity before you can request any real money cashout from the site.
FanDuel Reload Bonus & Promotions
In addition to the risk-free bet that all new FanDuel Sportsbook players can lay claim to, the operator also offers a number of other time-limited and ongoing promotions that can add a bit of value to any player’s balance. The Daily Odds Boost is one of those promotions, which adds special boosts to prices across the site every single day of the year, adding more value to players who bet on those particular matches. Another ongoing promo at FanDuel is the Multi Sport Parlay Insurance, which makes it possible to get some money back from parlays that lose by a single pick.
On top of these, and a number of other time-limited promotions that pop up for special events, the operator also offers its players the FanDuel Sportsbook referral bonus, which is issued to players who bring other players to the site. The FanDuel Sportsbook friend referral program lets players profit without any risk just by getting their friends to play at the popular betting site.
These are only a few of the many promotions that FanDuel Sportsbook throws for its existing players and more can be found on the promotions page of the operator’s site itself.
FAQFanDuel Bonus: Frequent Questions and Answers
FanDuel Sportsbook is available to all adult US citizens who live in states in which the operator currently holds a gaming license. As long as you’re 21, you can sign up with the bookie and place any sports bets you like and cash out any potential winnings at will.
Becoming FanDuel player is free and simple. Just follow the steps we provided on this page and you will become a real money player within five minutes. Once your account is set up, you can immediately log in and start placing wagers without any further obstacles or issues.
As long as you followed all the instructions and signed up under real name and identity, you will be eligible to claim the welcome offer at FanDuel. This is an offer that’s available to all real money players from the States who are signing up with the bookie for the first time.
All of them! The site does not impose any restrictions when it comes to the deposit methods eligible for the welcome offer. Thus, you can pick any of the methods on offer and just go with the one that works best for you and you’re comfortable with using.
Yes! On top of the welcome bonus, FanDuel Sportsbook offers many other promotions and real money players who join the site can lay claim to them all. Stay up to date with various offers by regularly visiting the bookmaker’s page and checking what’s new in the promotional department.