Betting Apps for iPhone: How to Get Started
If you are looking to get involved with online sports betting on mobile devices you are in the right place. This particular page is dedicated to iPhone apps for sports betting and we have compiled all the necessary information into one single guide to iPhone mobile betting. Starting out with sports betting on mobile devices can be a bit strange to players who have only bet live or on their PCs before, but we assure you there is nothing scary about it. In fact, betting on your iPhone will become your favorite hobby once you have learned more about it and downloaded the finest mobile betting apps on your device. Keep reading and find out how you can get started with mobile betting on your brand new iPhone.
Betting Apps for iPhone: Most Important Things
Looking for iOS betting apps can actually be a lot of fun, but before you download any app on your iPhone or iPad, we recommend that you look well into it and insure that the app in question offers a good experience. Some of the things you should look for in a betting app include:
- High usability and easy navigation.
- Offline connection capabilities which allow you to look over the stats or previous results even when you are not connected to the internet.
- High levels of security. Security is incredibly important when gambling online as you are sharing your banking info and personal details, so make sure that the app you are using for mobile betting is 100% safe to use.
- Secure payments are also a must. You can find out more about depositing with a particular bookmaker in our William Hill deposit page that explains the actual process itself.
- Good reviews from other players. What fellow players have to say should be the biggest recommendation.
- Live sports betting platform that allows you to use your phone to bet on ongoing events.
- Live video streaming of your favorite games is often offered by mobile bookies and is a solid feature to have.
Looking for an iPhone betting app yourself can be annoying at times, so if you are not up for it, check out our Sports Betting Comparison which will give you some great ideas and hopefully straight out help you to choose your betting app.
Top 5 Betting Apps for iPhone
6 Criteria for a Good Sports Betting App for iPhone
Mobile betting sites can be so much fun and can allow for some great betting experiences, but you should always know what you are getting yourself involved with. Here are the main 6 criteria you should look for in any iOS mobile betting app you download:
Mobile Odds and Betting Markets
When you are betting, be it online or offline, you want to get the best price every time. Playing at the sites that offer the best odds and can be reached via mobile devices means that you can always make the full use of every spike in odds and get the top price on every single event you are betting on.
Live Mobile Markets
iPhone apps for sports betting have evolved greatly over the years. Today, you can bet on ongoing sports events as you choose, without any delay. All the live betting markets are available on many apps and these are the kind of apps you should look to bet with.
Browser or Download Apps
There are two main ways that mobile apps are used. One is the downloadable app and the other, more modern approach is the mobile browser version. You should always look to have as much access as possible and remember that the bookies that don't require downloads usually offer a more comprehensive offer.
Mobile Promos and Bonuses
We know well that online bookmakers provide various Free Bets to their new and most loyal players alike. If you are looking to bet on your mobile phone, why not add a generous bonus to that and make the absolute best out of the experience.
The Features and Navigation
Mobile apps that are easy to use and offer many different gameplay features make online betting a real thrill. You want to bet on an app that is easy to use and fast to load up and not one that glitches out or is simply too slow to give you a good experience.
Another very important part of the whole online betting experience is how you move the money in and out of your balance. The leading sports betting apps we promote offer many different payment methods such as Skrill, Neteller, Visa or MasterCard.
Legal Situation of Online Betting in the USA
Online betting in America is on the rise ever since the Supreme Court decided that sports betting was not against the law and allowed states to make their own regulations. As such, online betting is now on the quick expanse, every state issuing separate laws and many of them issuing operating licenses for online bookies. This situation is likely to remain the same and only get better for punters across the country. We believe that there will soon be online betting sites in the vast majority of American states and we will keep you fully updated on the process of legalization as it happens.
Registration for Online Betting
Before you can start betting on your iPhone, you will need to find an app and sign up with it. To get the most out of your betting, you should make sure to always play on the best possible apps. Some of the important things to keep in mind when choosing such apps include:
- Safe and fast banking
- Easy to use and navigate
- Reputable among players
- Free deposits and cheap cashouts
- Bonuses with great added value
- Many sports markets to bet on
- Customer support of high quality
- Always transparent with dealings
- Fully licensed in your state
Before you sign up for an account, make sure you have checked all these out and ensured that the bookie in question is truly a high quality service.
Tips for New Players
Since you are probably new to sports betting, we highly advise that you take a bit of time and listen to a few basic tips that we have for you. They will come in very handy once you finally have your hands on that mobile betting app:
- Take a look at our Best Bookmaker App list and only pick the very best from it. We only promote the fully legal and licensed bookies, so you won't go wrong picking any one of them.
- One step at a time: Like any process, online betting can take some adjusting to. Don't go in too fast and give yourself some time before you start making any big bets or risking too much.
- Use all the promos: Mobile bookies offer so many promotions and really missing out on any of them would be a shame. We fully suggest that you take on any bonus you can with your bookies and get the most value out of every deposit you make.
- Know your bets: Make sure to avoid betting on sports and events you are not familiar with and always try to wager on those events you know a lot about. Place your bets in this way and your profits will soar.
- Get the needed help: If you are not sure about how to make good bets and you have many questions, we fully suggest you go down the route of using betting tipsters. These services will give you a lot of extra value and some great ideas on how to bet.
Our free Bet Guide offers even more detailed instructions and tips that could help you a great deal as you start out, so make sure to check that out as well.
FAQImportant FAQs and Answers about Sports Betting App for iPhone
No! Many online bookmakers offer their services through mobile browser friendly platforms which you can simply access through your browser without any downloads needed.
The app downloads will differ between bookies, but for the most part you can’t download any real money gambling apps from the App Store. For that reason, you will need to go to the operator’s official website and download the app from there.
Yes! Most mobile betting apps have a cashier section included in them, which allows players to make deposits and cashouts from their bookmaker accounts without having to use their PC at all.
Absolutely! Not only are most of the regular bonus and promo offers available to mobile users, but there are often special exclusive bonuses reserved for mobile players only available on many betting apps.
That depends on the bookmaker. A number of sportsbooks have developed iPad apps that are designed specifically to fully utilize the larger screen of both the iPad and iPad Mini. The user experience is not radically different from what is obtained when using desktop to access the betting website.