Betting Apps 2022
With online gambling finally getting regulated and legalized in various states, American players finally have options to bet online and wager real money on the outcome of sports events without leaving their homes. AmericaGambles offers a detailed and in-depth look into various online betting sites as well as their mobile versions.
We have reviewed dozens of top betting apps available to American players. We look at the iOS and Android versions of the downloadable betting apps in USA as well as the instant play platforms available at some sites. Keep reading to find out what options you have when it comes to betting on the go from within the USA.
- This Indicates a Good Betting App
- Downloadable Betting Apps vs Web Apps
- Why You Need a Betting App
- Top or Flop: Our 10 Criteria for a Good Sport Betting Site
- Legal Situation of Betting Apps in USA
- What to Consider Before Registering
- Our Top 5 Sports Betting Sites
- Our Top 5 Betting Bonuses
- 8 Best Mobile Apps Tips & Tricks
This Indicates a Good Betting App
With dozens of betting apps available on the market, players can find it challenging to find one to use. This is why we have taken it upon ourselves to discover what actually makes a good betting app and why players should choose one over the other. In our reviews, we looked at five important aspects of these apps, which include:
Mobile Betting Offer & Odds
The most important thing about a mobile betting app is surely the scope of betting options it offers and the prices players can get on various bets. While reviewing various betting apps for sports, the first thing we did was to take a look at their lobbies and find out what sports we could bet on.
We looked at the various betting markets and options within each sport and compared the betting odds between different apps. By comparing various betting apps like this, we could tell which ones offer the most value to players and the best return on investment.
Mobile In-Play Betting
In-play or live betting is an option that is not offered in every single betting app. However, plenty of US-based betting apps do offer an opportunity to bet on live sports matches and in-play betting is another important criterion to look at.
As we reviewed the apps, we especially focused on the in-play betting window and the amount of betting options for such events. Fortunately, a number of US betting sites offer players the opportunity to bet live on their iOS and Android devices and if you are looking to bet live you will want to take this criterion very seriously.
Bonuses are a key element of every betting site, but when it comes to mobile apps players should make special note of betting apps bonus offers, which are reserved for mobile players. While many sites don’t offer anything special for their mobile players, there are some apps that provide special bonuses for players who play on the go.
On the other hand, the normal welcome bonuses and other promotional offers are usually available to all players, including those playing through the mobile app. In either case, there is plenty of value of be had through the promotional programs of the bookies and we advise players to take a serious look at the bonus offers before signing up with any betting app.
App Usability & Special Functions
We live in an age in which not only the best sports gambling apps but all have truly evolved to a high level, but the app quality can still vary quite a bit between different operators. When deciding which app to use, players should always consider ease of use and convenience along with the other factors.
The usability aspect of a mobile betting app includes various things such as the quality of the interface, the ease of navigation and the general looks of a betting app. The better an app looks and the more options it offers, the easier it will be for players to make their bets and enjoy the experience.
Mobile Payment Options
When considering different betting apps for real money, players should also consider how easy it is for them to make deposits and cashouts from such sites. Some apps don’t allow for mobile banking at all, which can be quite a downside, while others make mobile payments very easy and fast.
If you intend to bet mainly through a mobile app, you should consider finding an online betting app in which payments are easy and convenient, with plenty of payment methods that are available to you. Choose an app that offers you favorite payment method as one of the options and avoid any unnecessary inconvenience.
Downloadable Betting Apps vs Web Apps
Since online gambling was legalized in a number of states, most operators went live with betting mobile apps for players who prefer betting on the go. Different types of mobile options are on offer, with some operators creating a downloadable option and other sticking to a web based betting app which can be accessed through mobile internet browsers.
Instant play web based apps provide a lot of convenience as customers don’t need to make any downloads and can immediately access their betting options by using the same credentials they use to sign into the desktop version of the same site. However, instant play platforms can be slow and less player friendly than their downloadable counterparts at times.
Downloadable betting apps, on the other hand, provide the top notch player experience, but take time to download and are not as easy to access. Once you download an app to your iPhone or another mobile device, you will have easy access however, so using such an app may be a good idea.
Players who are not sure as to how to get a downloadable betting app to their phone should not be too worried as most operators offer detailed information on the download process on their websites. Most apps must be downloaded directly from operator websites, as App Store and Google Play rarely allow real money gambling apps to be uploaded to their servers directly.
Why You Need a Betting App
Now that we understand the concept of a sports betting app, we should also consider why we need one. The fact is that one could simply bet on his computer at home or do so at a live betting shop, but a mobile betting app provides the kind of convenience that is hard to come by.
The biggest advantage of having a betting app installed on your phone is obviously the fact you can bet at any time and in any place. This includes the actual sports venue, which means you could be making bets while watching a game unfold in front of your eyes in actual real world. While in-play betting is cool as it is, being able to do it on your mobile phone makes it that much more appealing.
The huge convenience of betting on sports on the go has been made even greater with operators allowing you to make deposits and cashouts through the app as well. This means you can now deposit money into your account, make a bet and cash out your winnings without ever needing any gadget except your phone.
Betting apps are a fantastic way to kill time while commuting to work or having a break from lectures in your college and betting with legal and licensed betting apps allows you to do this in a safe and friendly atmosphere that protects your interests in every way.
Top or Flop: Our 10 Criteria for a Good Sport Betting Site
We went over the advantages of betting apps and the main reasons every serious bettor should have one on their phone, but let’s briefly consider what makes a good sports betting site in the first place. In our reviews, we used the following 10 criteria, which we believe you should also consider when choosing a site to bet with:
- Betting Offer & Odds: The most important aspect of any betting site is the offer of markets one can bet on and the prices for those markets. Consider and compare the odds and look for the best offer.
- In-play Betting: As we already mentioned, in-play betting is becoming ever more popular, and the thrill of betting while the match is happening is one you should not discard.
- Mobile Betting: Mobile apps are the main focus of this comparison and it offers plenty of suggestions for best betting apps out there. Pick a mobile app from our list and get the ultimate mobile betting experience.
- Welcome Bonus & Promotions: Another key element to consider when picking a betting site is the valur of the welcome package and other promos offered by the bookie.
- Customer Service: Depending on how available and helpful the site’s customer support agents are, one could have a fantastic or a less impressive experience, which is why this is another key criterion.
- Payment Options: There is no real money gambling without a convenient way to make deposits and cashouts, which is why payment options with betting sites are so crucial.
- Limits & RTP: Another thing to consider with any betting site is how much you can bet on various sports and what the overall return to player is. The better the RTP, the more money you will be getting for your winning bets.
- Usability: With so many different betting sites out there, there is no reason to bet with those that offer sub-par platforms. Only bet with good betting apps and sites that are easy to use and navigate.
- Security: At AmericaGambles, we take player security very seriously. We believe you should only bet with legal and regulated sites that provide you with the best security money can buy, and we take this as an important criterion in our reviews.
- Additional Offers: Sometimes there are no good betting options out there, and this is a great time to play some poker or casino games. Look for sites that offer side action and other gambling games if you like to play when there is no betting going on.
Legal Situation of Betting Apps in USA
For years, online gambling was illegal throughout the USA and there were no legal betting sites or apps which players could use to bet on sports within the country. This has changed recently, with states gradually implementing laws to allow for online gambling, and issuing licenses to sports betting operators.
Over the course of just a few months, the first legit betting apps started popping up around the country, with more and more getting their licenses by the day. Today, players in some states can already legally bet real money through betting apps, while those living in states where online gambling is not yet regulated still have to wait for their state legislators to implement such a law.
Depending on the state one lives in, special restrictions may apply to mobile apps, and some players who can bet on their computers don’t yet have access to mobile betting. Nevertheless, the legal situation is getting more favorable for players by the day and more mobile options are being presented to players all the time.
States with legal Sportsbooks
What to Consider Before Registering
If you are ready to sign up with one of the top betting apps US, you will want to carefully consider which one you want to download. In choosing, we suggest you consider the following factors which will let you make the best decision every time:
- Mobile offer and betting odds
- Quality of mobile betting app
- Availability for your device
- Instant betting platform
- Mobile payment options
- Access to customer support
- In-play betting options
- Welcome bonus and promotions
- Special mobile player bonuses
- Access to other gambling products
Our Top 5 Sports Betting Sites
In an attempt to make online sports betting as easy for our players as possible, we have reviewed every single legal betting site available to American players. We have spent hours testing and rating these sites and have undergone a thorough test of each site to make sure we only promote the best sports betting app. Below, you can find a short list of the five best sports betting sites which offer the best odds, longest lists of betting markets and the most valuable promotions.
Our Top 5 Betting Bonuses
If you are looking for the absolute best value for your money and want to make your deposits count to the maximum, you will want to get the best possible bonuses every time. We have reviewed every welcome offer and bonus offer at licensed US bookies and have come up with definitive ratings as to the best sports gambling apps out there. The short list below contains the five best betting bonuses which provide not only the biggest amount of extra betting cash but also the best wagering requirements available in the current market.
8 Best Mobile Apps Tips & Tricks
Mobile sports betting is relatively new to American players, and we have taken the liberty of considering some common downfalls players make in relation to mobile betting apps. We have compiled a list of 8 tips and tricks related to mobile betting, which we believe you can use to get the best experience and you can check out our detailed bet guide for even more useful tips.
- Bet on licensed apps: There are many betting apps out there, but not all of them are licensed in the USA. Make sure you only use licensed betting apps for real money betting in order to avoid getting defrauded or into any kind of legal problems.
- Find the best odds: With so many options, make sure you always get the best value for your bets. Check out several betting apps before making a bet and place it with the operator that gives you the best price. Over time, this can add up quite nicely.
- Use mobile bonuses: There are many mobile bonus offers available to players who bet through apps, so make sure you use every bonus you can get and make full use of all the promotions.
- Use only one account: Betting operators don’t allow players to make multiple accounts or use other players’ accounts. Make sure you always bet on only one account that belongs to you.
- Confirm your identity: Before you can make a cashout from a betting app, you will need to confirm you own the account. Send in your documents when you sign up with the app so that your identity is confirmed when you go ahead to make a cashout.
- Try in-play betting: In-play betting is one of the biggest perks of mobile betting apps, as it allows you to bet instantly on events that are already underway. Check out the live betting options in your mobile app and enjoy the extra convenience.
- Mind the wagering requirements: If you take up a mobile betting bonus, make sure to take wagering requirements into consideration. Don’t try to make a cashout before you clear your wagering requirements and make sure you are betting on markets that count towards them.
- Try other games: Another great perk of mobile apps is the fact you can also play slots, poker and other games on your mobile. Check out other games offered by the operators and enjoy the full scope of entertainment offered.
FAQFAQ: Betting Mobile Apps
Depending on the state you live in sports betting apps legal may exist. Each state has its own regulations in regards to online gambling, but in a growing number of states online gambling on mobile devices is legal. Just make sure you are betting with a licensed mobile betting operator.
As long as you are betting through a licensed betting app, the answer is yes. All the regulated betting operators provide a secure and safe betting atmosphere with state of the art technologies used to protect players against any third party intrusions or attempts of theft.
There is really no limitation as to what you can bet on with mobile betting operators. Horse betting apps, betting apps for cricket and other sorts of betting apps are all available. The top betting operators allow players to bet on a wide range of sports and markets all on their mobile phones.
Yes! There are many live betting apps available in the USA and you can make live bets through these apps. Simply downloading an app to your phone will give you access to the full list of in-play betting options. Practically all the top rated betting apps offer a live betting selection as well.
While using betting apps to make money is not recommended, it is not completely impossible. Most people don’t have the kind of understanding of sports betting needed to win in the long term, but there are some people who do win money with sports betting. Generally, one should consider sports betting a hobby.
When it comes to banking, there is a great selection of payment methods available with top US betting operators. Depending on the app you choose, PayPal will usually be an option. You can check out our detailed betting app reviews in order to find out if the app allows PayPal deposits and cashouts before you download it.
Yes! Both iPhone and Android betting apps for download are available at most sites. While there are a few operators that only offer betting apps for iPhone, most of them offer both versions. You can find out more about app availability in our dedicated app reviews or visit the operator’s website to find out which devices it is available on.
Yes! Just like on the desktop sites, betting apps cash out is usually available. Players can use this option to cash out their winnings before the event they bet on is over, usually at slightly reduced odds. The more likely your bet is to land, the better your odds for cashing out will be.
Yes! The vast majority of sports betting apps allow players to sign up for a free account right in the app, while depositing and cashing out is usually an option as well. There are some apps that do not offer a mobile banking, but this is usually not the case.
Absolutely! Just like any other income, you will have to report your mobile betting wins and pay taxes on them in full. Depending on the state you live in, the percentage you will need to pay will vary, but you generally only need to pay taxes on the money you cash out from your betting app.