Online Poker Bonus 2021
One of the best aspects associated with signing up for a new online poker account is being able to take advantage of the online poker joining bonus and other ongoing promotions. This is a great way to kick off your new account in style and to start building your funds straight away. There are many operators in the space today and each of them has their own unique bonus poker offers for you to choose from. A lot of operators try to stand out from the crowd with their bonus poker online selection in order to try and capture your attention. There are a few different key criteria to consider when assessing the merits of the various online poker deals. At AmericaGambles, a lot of hard work in researching and analyzing these various deals has already been done for you. There are objective and unbiased reviews on each of the main online poker bonus offers in the space today. You can also filter by state, depending on where you currently are to see what platforms are on offer in your jurisdiction.
What is a Good Online Poker Welcome Bonus?
While there are a lot of different factors to consider when assessing the merits of a bonus poker offer, there are a few aspects that stand out. You will usually place more emphasis on a handful of these variables when deciding which online poker joining bonus is best for your needs. Here are those key criteria;
Bonus Amount: Size isn’t the most important factor
While this is not the most important factor to consider, it is certainly a useful way to narrow down your shortlist if you are trying to compare a few different offers that are very similar. One of the main types of offers you will get when signing up for a new online poker account is a poker bonus deposit. This will see your first deposit matched 100% in most cases up to a certain size. If the wagering requirements for these deposit bonuses are pretty similar between operators, then your decision will usually come down to the size of the bonus. Some of these operators will have offers that are hundreds of dollars greater than their competitors. Of course, this depends on how much you are able and willing to deposit when availing of this bonus offer.
Bonus Percentage: You want to get good bang for your buck
Once again, the bonus percentage for the likes of poker bonus deposit offers will generally be 100%. However, some operators will go higher and some lower. There will also be some online poker sites that have different percentages depending on what deposit you are making. Some will extend the offer over the course of your first few deposits rather than solely on your first deposit. Naturally, the greater the percentage, the more bang for your buck you are going to be getting when you make your deposit. Therefore, there is a balance to find between the amount of your deposit that is being matched and the max bonus funds you can get through a given offer may be.
Free Spins/Freerolls/Free Bets: Depends on your specific preferences
Some offers will have different types of deals than others. A lot of online casino sites will incorporate some free spins into their welcome offers. This gives you a taste for the action with slots. The likes of sportsbooks and poker sites will often give you bonus cash which can then be used to use as you please. Whether it is on poker cash games or tournaments. Finally, you may get freeroll tickets of the likes of poker tournaments which give you entry to an event without having to pay any form of entry fee.
Wagering Requirements: A vital variable to consider
This is perhaps the most important piece of information you need to consider when assessing and comparing different offers. While a lot of online poker bonus deals look great on the surface, when you dig a bit deeper you often will release that they are not always what they appear to be. The wagering requirements could be so difficult that it is not worth your while trying to avail of that given online poker bonus. You will want to check to see how many times you need to wager your bonus funds before you can cash them out. You will want to see what games you can wager these funds on and to what extent.
Bonus Time: You need enough time to meet requirements
Another important consideration for a poker bonus offer is the amount of time you have in order to reach the wagering requirements for a bonus offer. While you may have a great deal and decent wagering requirements, if the time period to meet the requirements is too short then you could be in trouble. On the other hand, if there are steep wagering requirements but you have a few months to meet them, this may make an offer more appealing than it otherwise may have been.
There are many different types of poker bonus offers in the space today. They each have their own pros and cons associated with them. Here are some of the most common online poker bonus deals;
- Deposit Bonus: An online poker deposit bonus sees usually your first deposit being matched up to a certain percentage. This will see you get bonus funds credited to your account which you will then use to try and meet the wagering requirements. Often you will need an online poker deposit bonus promo code when making your first deposit to activate this deal.
- Free Credit: Sometimes, you will get free credit often in the form of a no deposit bonus. This means that you do not need to make any deposit and you will still get free funds to play with when you have signed up.
- Freerolls: Sometimes with a poker bonus offer, you will get free tournament tokens which will allow you to participate in an event without having to pay any sort of entry fee.
- Loyalty bonus: There are often ongoing promotions for existing players. Loyalty programs allow you to earn all sorts of different perks and bonuses depending on the operator.
- Mobile bonus: These are bonus offers which are exclusively available to players playing on mobile devices.
- Cashback: This is when you will get a certain amount of your cash wagered or contributed through rake given back to you in the form of bonus funds or cash.
Rake & Rake Back: Wagering Requirements
There are a few more steps involved in figuring out an online poker for real money bonus offer than the usual online casino and sportsbook offers. Usually, the online poker bonus funds will only be released in increments, being credited to your account only when you have wagered the funds a certain amount of times. Usually, this will be based on the given operator’s reward points system where you will earn a certain amount of points for each dollar spent in rake on cash games and tournament entry fees. The amount of reward points you need to earn to unlock each dollar of bonus funds will vary from operator to operator. Generally, you will calculate a rake back percentage which will then allow you to compare like with like between the various offers. There will also be a predefined period in which you can meet these wagering requirements before the bonus funds end up expiring. There are often times certain games that are excluded from the wagering requirements, so please be aware of this before you start trying to wager your bonus funds.
Top or Flop: 10 Criteria for a Good Online Poker
When it comes to assessing the merits of an online poker site, there are a lot of different variables to consider. Depending on your specific needs and preferences, you may place more weight on certain variables than on others. Here are the ten criteria used at AmericaGambles to assess the merits of a given platform;
- Cash Game & Tournaments: The first aspect of an operator to consider is the selection of games it has on offer. You want your favorite games to be well looked after.
- Rake & VIP Program: Over time, small differences in rake fees add up, so it is always important to consider it. Loyalty programs are also a great way to earn perks over the course of time.
- Welcome Bonus & Promotions: A great way to kick off a new account is to avail of a joining bonus offer. You also want to see how existing players are rewarded for their loyalty to a given platform.
- Traffic & Network: You want to make sure that there are enough players on a platform to allow you to play your favorite games and not be waiting ages to get into a game.
- Mobile Poker App: If you are a keen mobile poker player then you will want to see what the mobile offering for a given operator looks like before signing up for an account.
- Customer Service: If you ever have a problem or question that needs resolving, you want to be sure that the customer service team is competent and is reachable around the clock.
- Payment Options: It is important that your preferred payment methods are on offer on a platform and that they are cheap and fast to use.
- Usability & Software: You want to be dealing with a platform that has up to date software that performs without any hitches. You also want the platform to be easy to use and look good to the eye.
- Security: It is important that a platform is well secured and properly licensed in your given jurisdiction. This will give you peace of mind that your funds are safe.
- Additional Offers: Some online poker sites will also have sister sites for the likes of online sports betting and online casino play which may be of interest to certain people.
Legal Situation in the USA
The legal situation in the United States when it comes to online poker is an interesting one that has taken many twists and turns over the years. When online poker first started becoming popular, it was legal in the US and extremely popular. However, the introduction of legislation banning internet gambling put an end to this. This caused many poker professionals to leave the country, with some operators still trying to operate despite the bans. When online poker began to become legal once more in recent years in a few different states, mobile poker was becoming relevant. It was now possible to play anywhere you may be through your mobile device once you had an internet connection. This was a game changer and led to most operators beginning to invest heavily into their mobile offerings. The computing power in mobile devices in this day and age means that they can handle highly complex software that runs to a high level. As time goes on, more and more states will legalize online poker once more and players across the country can rejoice.
States with legal Pokerrooms
When it comes to registering for a new online poker site, the process is usually quick and painless. However, there are a few key things you need to tick off before signing up. These are;
- Looking to see what the welcome bonus is
- Check its terms and conditions
- Note the bonus expiry date
- See what the wagering requirements are
- Compare the requirements with offers from other operators
- See what promo code if any is needed
- Check the license of the operator
- Ensure your preferred payment methods are on offer
- Select to register through the desktop or mobile site
- Make your first deposit, ensuring you enter any promo code
Our Top 5 Online Poker Sites
There are many different aspects that go into making a great online poker site. This is why there are ten key criteria used to try and compare like with like between different operators. Here is a ranking of the best online poker sites today. You should still consider other platforms depending on your needs and preferences.
Our Top 5 Online Poker Apps
For mobile poker players, there are a few choices you need to make to see which is the best platform. Here is a ranking of the best current mobile poker apps. However, you may have different needs and wants to go with an option that has not made this list.
8 Tips for the Beginning
There are a few common mistakes a lot of people make when it comes to obtaining welcome bonus offers from online poker sites. Here are some tips on what to avoid and what to make sure to do when you are looking to avail of one of these offers.
- Always know the expiry date: You want to be sure you know how long you are after signing up to obtain a bonus and how long you have to meet the wagering requirements before you receive the bonus funds.
- Don’t withdraw too early: If you have not met all of the wagering requirements and still have bonus funds in your account, by making a withdrawal, you will cause these bonus funds to expire.
- Know what games to play: There are often certain types of games that will not contribute towards wagering requirements if you play them.
- Check the payment methods: For some platforms, they do not allow you to avail of a welcome offer if you deposit using a certain method, oftentimes being Skrill or Neteller.
- Forgetting to use a promo code: The last thing you want to do is forgetting to enter in a promo code when signing up or when making your first deposit. Failure to do so means that you will not be able to access the welcome bonus.
- Sticking to your strengths: When you are trying to meet wagering requirements, you want to make sure that you are sticking to your strengths on games that you have a good track record with.
- Have a strategy: For each respective bonus, you should have a strategy in place. This means being more conservative in some scenarios and more aggressive in others.
- Follow your progress: It is always ideal knowing just how much more you have to go in order to reach your wagering requirements, so it is useful to keep an eye on this metric.
FAQOnline Poker Apps: 10 Question and Answers
This all depends on what you are happy to lose. You should only gamble with money that you can afford to lose and no more. IF you have a lot of funds to play with, then it might be a good idea to max out a bonus offer.
Yes, they often come in risk-free forms, such as when you are making your first deposit and even getting bonus funds without having to make any type of deposit whatsoever. It is a great way to get your new poker account started off on the right foot.
No, you can only claim a bonus just one time if it is a welcome offer. What is more is that you will normally only be able to claim one welcome offer per email address, IP address and residential address.
This depends on the given offer. For most welcome offers, there will be some form of online poker deposit bonus which will require some sort to a minimum deposit. Smoe offers will be no deposit bonuses, with no deposit needed.
You should check to see that it holds the proper licenses and look to see what security protocols they have in place. This is a key step as you don’t want to be dealing with a platform that has a poor security track record.
Yes, this can vary on a state by state basis, but generally, you need to be at least 21 years old in order to use an online poker site in the USA. There will be no way to bypass this rule as you need to show proof of your identity and date of birth when playing on a platform for the first time.
Most operators will have a limit on how much you can withdraw in a given period and through using a given withdrawal method. This will change from platform to platform, so it is something you will need to check for yourself.
This depends on your state as to whether you will be taxed and how much this tax rate will be. Naturally, you want to be crystal clear as to what, if any, tax obligations you may have. Failure to do so could be a costly mistake on your part.
This is the probability that is in place for you to win at the given game on average. For example, if a game has a payout percentage of 98%, then you will receive, in theory, $98 for every $100 that you bet on the given game.
Online poker sites will take a slice of every pot through the rake and they take a slice of all tournament entry fees. This is how they can stay in business and offer the likes of tournament prize pools and pay for the running costs of the platform.