Best Poker Apps with Real Money 2022
When you are looking at playing on real money poker apps, there are a number of key considerations that need to be made in order to get the most out of the experience. This process of narrowing down the various options for real money poker apps can be a bit overwhelming if you have never done it before. Thankfully, AmericaGambles does a lot of the hard work for you. All of the leading mobile poker real money apps in the space today have been reviewed in an objective and unbiased manner. There are ten key areas in which these poker applications are judged and this arms you with the necessary knowledge to choose the best online poker app for your needs. You can even customize the comparison options to only look at those mobile poker real money apps that are available to you in your specific state.
What Indicates a Good Poker App
There are many different ways to judge a poker app for money. However, there are a few key criteria that stand above the rest in terms of what will be the most determining factors. These are;
Mobile Cash Games & Tournaments: Tick the boxes for your favorite games
The first and most important criteria to consider when you are looking at different mobile poker real money apps is the games and events that are on offer. If a platform ticks all of the boxes except for its games offering, then you will be moving onto the next option. Therefore, your first port of call is going to be to check to see if your specific needs and preferences for cash games and tournaments are looked after. This includes ensuring that the respective best poker app gets enough traffic to fill these games on a regular basis. You do not want to be waiting ages to get into your favorite types of cash games or tournaments. Some operators will have more options available on their desktop platforms than on their mobile platforms, so this is definitely something you should be looking out for.
Web App/Download App: A vital consideration for mobile players
The type of device you are looking to use for the poker app will dictate sometimes what operators you can choose from. The two devices that are best supported are iOS devices and Android devices. Other types of mobile devices are not well supported in terms of dedicated poker apps. Most of the leading online poker operators will have real poker apps for Android and iOS devices. Therefore, you will be able to play on the go through a dedicated app.
These poker apps generally do not take up a massive amount of space on your device and usually are quick to download. If you are not a fan of having to download an app in order to play on your mobile device, you can play through your mobile’s web browser. The majority of operators will support play through most of the popular web browsers, but this is always worth double-checking before you sign up for a platform. Generally, the playing experience is going to be a bit better when using the dedicated real money poker app than playing through a web browser. It will also be easier to navigate around the poker app.
Mobile Bonus: Is there a bonus dedicated to mobile players?
Another aspect to consider when looking at real money poker apps is the bonus that is one offer for signing up for a new account. While most operators will not give you a bonus for signing up to the mobile platform, you will always get access to the overall welcome bonus offer. This means that you can get risk-free no deposit funds in some cases and the likes of free tournament tokens and deposit bonuses in other cases.
While this is not the be-all and end-all piece of criteria that you should be considering when selecting between operators, it can be a good differentiator if you are struggling to narrow down the various options. Some online poker bonus offers do appear flashier on the surface but when you dig a bit deeper then you will soon discover that they are not what they look like upon first glance. This is why it is important that you read the terms and conditions of a given offer before signing up. You should look to see what the wagering requirements are and what length of time you have in order to meet these demands.
App Usability & Special Functions: Does the app function properly?
When playing on a poker app with real money, you want to be sure that the platform is going to be performing to a high level. The last thing you want to do is to have important hands interrupted by glitchy gameplay. This is why you want to be dealing with software that is up to date and well-suited to the device that you are using. You also want to have a poker app that has an easy to read color scheme and a menu system that is easy to navigate. Some poker apps for real money will have special features that help draw in new players. These can be special filtering systems or special offers for regularly playing on a mobile app. These can always add an extra incentive for you to sign up to a given platform.
Payment Options: Key considerations for banking methods
Payment options are always an important piece of criteria for experience online poker player. They want to ensure that their favorite payment methods are on offer through a given platform. It is important that the methods on offer are cheap, fast and easy to use. Generally, e-wallets such as PayPal are becoming more popular due to fast processing times. Whatever the case may be, you want to also check to see how easy it is to conduct transactions through the mobile poker app. This will save you a lot of time in the future.
Web App or Download App
One of the key considerations when playing poker on a mobile device is whether or not you decide to use a dedicated app or your play through your web browser. Generally, you will be better off using the dedicated poker app if possible. This is because the operator has poured a lot of time and money into their apps to make it as their standout mobile product. You will often have access to a lot more features through the app and it is easier to navigate around and to conduct transactions than doing so through a web browser. Generally, the playing experience is going to be a lot smoother through your app. This is because of the advanced software that is being used.
You can also often play practice poker modes when you are not connected to the internet through the poker app, something which you cannot do when you are using the web browser for your online poker needs. This positives of using the web browser is that you do not have to download an app to your device. However, there are some mobile web browsers that are not well-supported by certain operators mobile offerings. Generally, there will be little to no difference between the quality of Android poker apps compared to iPhone poker apps. There is also a limited number of poker apps available for you to download from the iOS Store.
Why you need a Poker App
It has never been more popular to play poker on your mobile device. Just a few years ago this would not be possible. Smart phones are still a relatively new thing and the idea of being able to play live poker against other people through your phone would have been an alien concept not too long ago. These days, smart phones have so much computing power that they can handle top quality poker apps with little to no trouble. This allows you to play poker on the go, no matter where you may be. In the past, you would have to be physically playing a game of poker or sitting down in front of a computer in order to play poker.
Therefore, you were always somewhat confined by your environment. However, with mobile poker apps, you can be sitting on the toilet, lying in bed or on the bus to work and still able to play poker for real money. This opens up a whole world of possibilities and operators are realizing just how popular mobile poker play is becoming. This is why they are spending so much time and money to improve these poker apps and to take them to the next level.
Top or Flop: 10 Criteria for a Good Poker Site
In order to create reviews of poker apps in an objective and fair manner, a list of key criteria are needed. This allows each aspect of a mobile poker app offering to be compared between the different operators. At AmericaGambles, there are ten different key criteria that are looked at when assessing the merits of a given operator’s mobile offering. These ten criteria are;
- Cash Game & Tournaments: This is the selection of different games that are on offer at different stakes and table sizes. It also looks at the types of tournaments that are on offer.
- Rake & VIP Program: Even small differences in rake can add up over time so it is an important consideration. Loyalty programs are also very beneficial if you are a regular online poker player.
- Welcome Bonus & Promotions: You will always be able to receive a welcome bonus when signing up for a new account. You also want to see how existing players are looked after on a given platform.
- Traffic & Network: It is vital that a platform has enough traffic in order to allow you to quickly get playing your favorite games. Some smaller poker sites will join forces and pool their traffic together in a network.
- Mobile Poker App: A lot of people like playing on their mobile devices these days, so they will want to see how a given operator’s mobile offering stands up.
- Customer Service: If you gave an issue or problem that needs to be resolved, you will want to be able to quickly get in touch with the customer service team and have your issue effectively resolved.
- Payment Options: It is important that you have a variety of payment options to choose from on a given site. You want them to have low fees, to be quick and easy to use.
- Usability & Software: It is ideal if an online poker site has software that performs without any hitches and incorporates handy features. You want it to be easy to navigate and nice to look at.
- Security: You want to be dealing with platforms that will keep your funds and private data safe and secure. You want to see where a given platform is licensed.
- Additional Offers: A lot of online poker operators also have sister operations in other gambling spaces, such as online casinos and sports betting.
Legal Situation in the USA
The online gambling landscape in the United States is a tricky one that is constantly changing. For a number of years when online poker was first kicking off, there was widespread expansion in the US market. However before long, legislation was introduced which totally banned online poker in the country. For a number of years, this remained the case. However, in recent years a number of states have once again legalized online poker, with many more looking to do so in the near future. This is why it is a good idea to keep an eye on future developments, particularly if you are in a state which does not currently have legal online poker.
States with legal Pokerrooms
Once you have done all of your research and you have decided upon the best mobile poker app for your needs, it will come time for you to sign up for an account. In most cases, this is very quick and easy to do. Here is a checklist to keep in mind when you are thinking about signing up with an operator
- Check where they are licensed
- See what games are on offer
- Check the traffic levels
- See what payment methods are on offer
- Check what mobile devices are supported
- Decide between downloading the poker app or signing up through the web browser
- See what other gambling platforms they have on offer
- See what their customer service is like
- Check the standard of security
- Investigate the respective welcome offers
Our Top 5 Online Poker Sites
There are many different criteria as you have seen that are considered in order to review a given mobile poker app. After taking into account all of these different variables, you will find below the rankings of the top 5 online poker sites as ranked by the team at AmericaGambles. Of course, you should still take the time to see which operators that may not even be on this list are best suited to your specific needs and preferences.
Our Top 5 Online Poker Bonus
There are many great welcome offers on the market today. These come in many different shapes and sizes. After conducting numerous reviews, you will see a ranking of the top 5 online poker bonus offers in the space today. Of course, these may not be the best choice for your specific needs and preferences.
8 Tips for the Beginning
When you are starting out with mobile poker apps for the first time, you may feel a bit lost. Here are some useful tips for you to keep in mind.
- Don’t download an app if you don’t want to: You are able to play through a web browser once it is supported by the operator.
- Avail of any special bonuses for mobile players: Some operators may have promotions that are exclusive to mobile players.
- Be aware of what features on the desktop version are not available on the poker app: Normally, there will be certain features and games that do not make it onto the poker app.
- Most poker apps don’t take up a lot of storage space: Most of them are efficient in terms of their file size.
- Modern mobile devices not usually needed to operate these poker apps: Most poker apps will run on relatively low system requirements, which means that you don’t need the most modern phones in order to use these apps.
- Not all payment methods are supported on the poker apps: There are some payment methods on offer through desktop platforms that will not be translated over to the mobile offerings.
- A promo code is not always needed when availing of the welcome bonus offer: In some cases you will need to enter a promo code when signing up, sometimes when making your first deposit and sometimes not at all.
- Age limits for using a mobile poker app vary: This depends on the laws in the state that you are in, but in most cases you will need to be at least 21 years old.
FAQOnline Poker Apps: 10 Question and Answers
Yes, you can delete a poker app easily from your phone forever if you wish. This is a way in which you can save storage space on your device, even though these apps take up very little space on mobile devices.
Oftentimes you can download an app directly from the online poker site. You simply go to the platform’s website and check out its mobile offering. This will normally be very clearly signposted when you do so through your mobile device.
Yes, this process is very similar to the way it works on desktop poker sites. It is usually a straightforward process and it only takes a matter of a few clicks in order to make payments to your account or to withdraw funds from your account.
Yes, this process only takes a few key steps, similar to what it would look like if you are signing up via a desktop device. Simply download the app or go to the platform;s mobile browser site and click the register button in order to get started.
You need to check the license of the operator and to see what security standards are in place. This includes seeing how well your private data is going to be encrypted and seeing what independent bodies check the fairness of the games on offer.
Some sites will have limits on how much you can withdraw in a given time period or for a given payment method. If this is the case, you will be curtailed for a given period with different payment methods. It will change on a site to site basis.
This depends on the specific rules in your state as to if and how much you will be taxed on your online poker winnings. Naturally, it is a good idea to do your own research on this issue or you could land yourself in some hot water.
This is the probability of you getting a payout from a given game. For example, if a game has a payout percentage of 98%, in theory, for every $100 that you bet on this game, you will be returned $98.
They take a cut of every cash pot through the rake and they take a cut of all tournament entry fees. This allows the operator to continue operating the platform and providing money for prize pools for different events and tournaments.
This all depends on your specific skillet as you will be playing against other players. There is no single game that will be best-suited to all payers as it is a zero sum equation – there are going to be players who lose more than average and those that win more than average.