Blackjack Online 2020: Rules, Winnings & Odds
Are you aware of the fact that the Blackjack game is the most widely played casino banking game in the world? Blackjack is the American version of Twenty-One. Online casino blackjack has been referred to, by millions of online players, as one of the games where you have a high chance of winning. Luckily for you, the blackjack casino table games are in almost every online casino you can find.
This game is one in which the player is competing against the dealer and not against other players, and it is played with one or more decks. No one knows the concise origin of blackjack, because it's been around for such a long time, but researchers say it started in French casinos at about 1700 where it was called Vingt-et-Un, which is translated to Twenty-One.
- It can be played with 52-416 cards
- Players are dealt two cards, one facing up and one facing down
- The values of the cards are between two to eleven
- It is played with 2-7 players
- Blackjack inspired Spanish 21 and Pontoon
Blackjack Game Process
Online blackjack casino USA is so popular that it has more players than roulette, baccarat, and craps combined. In blackjack, the players don't play against each other, but they all play against the dealer, and there are three ways to beat the dealer. This guide would help you win big when playing online blackjack. Blackjack is not a game of privacy because the game starts with one card facing up, and the other facing down. This is the process of playing the online blackjack game:
It is played with one or more decks, and each card is given a value.
- Kings, Queens, and Jacks are worth ten each.
- Aces can be used as 1 or 11.
- Cards from 2 to 10 are worth their face value i.e., a card with three on it is worth 3 points.
These values are consistent throughout the game.
When it’s your turn to play, you can either hit or stand. When you hit, you get another card until you get up to 21 points. When you stand, you do nothing. You can also make the following moves:
- Double Down: You can double your bet and get one more card. You can do this to get a blackjack at the beginning of the round if your value is close to 21 points. This is the online blackjack best strategy.
- Take insurance: You can place a new bet if your dealer is showing an ace. The new gamble would pay 2-1 of your dealer has a blackjack, and so you would lose the bet but win the insurance.
- Surrender: You can choose not to play and to surrender half of your bet if you have 5-7 or 12-16 points and the dealer has 9-Ace points.
- Split: you can choose to make two hands from one hand if your cards are of the same value.
The main objective is to beat the dealer by getting 21 points. You can do this by;
- Getting 21 points on your first two cards if you’re lucky. This is called a blackjack and can happen if your starting values are a ten and an ace. If it's not up to, but close, you can double down.
- Reaching a total score that is more than that of the dealer but is not more than 21 points.
- Letting the dealer draw until their points are more than 21. Here, the dealer is busted.
If you go over 21 points, you have busted. It is also possible to have a tie, which is a push. Playing blackjack game in a live casino is very similar to playing online blackjack casino.
The blackjack rules are very straightforward, and they guide online blackjack betting.
- Casino blackjack must be played with one or more standard deck of 52 cards.
- The total of the points of the cards makes up the value of the hand of the player or dealer.
- The 'blackjack' supersedes any other 21-point-hand.
- The round starts with two cards for each player and the dealer. One card must face down.
- If the dealer has a blackjack, all bets will lose except for those who took insurance. If the player also has a blackjack, this would result in a tie.
Blackjack Winning Possibilities
When playing online blackjack, the question on a lot of people’s minds is how high their chances of winning at this online gambling game is. Blackjack requires persistence and deliberation, and so your strategy would improve your chances of winning. There would always be the house advantage, but you can have an advantage by learning the guidelines and using the best strategy. Remember that players of online blackjack have, at most, a 48% chance of winning.
- Chances of an overall win for a player is 42.2%
- Chances of a loss for a player is 49.1%
- Chances of a tie are 8.9%
- Blackjack: Automatic win by having an ace and a ten-value card.
- Bust: Automatic loss by having a hand value of more than 21 points.
- Dealer: The online casino who the players play against.
- Flat Bet: When one bets the same amount in each hand.
- Hand: The cards dealt to a player.
- Hard Total: A hand without an ace, or with an ace with one point.
- Hole Card: The dealer’s hidden card.
- Natural: Another word for a 'blackjack.'
- Push: A tie
- Round: A round of play where everyone has played.
- Soft Total: A hand with an ace with 11 points.
Blackjack Strategy and Tricks
- One of the most critical casino blackjack tips is to concentrate and make your decision wisely.
- When your hand is 12-16, and the dealer's is 7-Ace, Hit.
- When your hand is 12-16, and the dealer's is 2-6, Stand.
- Don't play insurance except you're desperate.
- Always check the dealers up card.
- When betting in blackjack, start betting small.
Playing For Free
Before playing online blackjack real money, you should start playing for free first. This would help you practice before you try it out with cash. You would have to test out all your strategy and get used to the game, especially the rules and the different moves to make, and playing online blackjack game for free would do just that.
There are a lot of blackjack promotions in online casinos that would allow you to play for free before using real money. Some online casinos even give you a no deposit bonus which will enable you to play and win cash without staking your own money. If you enjoy playing baccarat or poker, you'll enjoy betting blackjack, so try playing it for free to get the hang of it.
Blackjack Live Casino Version
Since the formation of blackjack casino table games in 1700, it has undergone a lot of variants and adaptations. The following are therefore few of the famous and progressive alternative of the online blackjack game;
- Spanish 21: - This variant of blackjack has more liberal blackjack rules. For example, it allows players to double down any number of cards, to surrender only one wager, and it has an option called '' This version also has payout bonuses and late surrender.
- Double Exposure Blackjack: - The beginning of this game starts with the first two cards of the dealer’s hand facing up, hence the name, double exposure. The players in this version lose when there is a tie, and there is no option for insurance or surrender. Also, having a blackjack pays even money.
- Double Attack Blackjack: Another version with very liberal guidelines, this game allows the player to raise his wager after seeing the dealers up card. Here, blackjack pays even money too.
- 21st Century Blackjack: This is also referred to as Vegas Style Blackjack. Here, if a player busts, it doesn’t mean an automatic loss. Also, the player can push if the dealer busts.
- Super Fun 21: This version lets a player split his hand, at most, four times. Also, if a player has six cards with a total of 20 points, the player wins.
- Blackjack Switch: This version is played over two hands, and the player is allowed to exchange the second card to his advantage.
Legal Situation of Online Casino in the USA
When playing online gambling blackjack USA, the main question on a lot of people's minds is, 'is online blackjack legal?' The situation of online blackjack USA is quite tricky, so you have to ensure that you are using a legal site and that the state you live in allows online casino sites. When searching for online casinos to play blackjack, a lot of sites would claim legality when that is not the case and so, check if the online casino is licensed by the state you’re living in and check the casino’s policy. An illegal casino can violate your privacy. A state like New Jersey is very liberal with its online casino laws, so if you’re in NJ, it is easy to play online blackjack NJ.
Casinos with Blackjack: Play Now
There are a lot of online casinos that offer blackjack, and it won't be surprising if they all do because of the popularity of blackjack. Even with this, you have to choose wisely. When looking out for the best online casino for blackjack, check out the casinos with a lot of bonuses and promos, especially those that offer completely free gameplay for a short period. Some casinos have a no deposit bonus for new players, free spins and a lot of other games. Check out the casino that has a liberal policy and one that would protect your privacy. Ensure you read the policy, terms and conditions of the casino before signing up.
Of course, blackjack isn't the only game that you're interested in playing and not every online casino offers every gambling game which is why you have to choose the games you want to play, apart from blackjack, and choose the casino that offers all, or most of the games you like.
Apart from all of the bonuses and promos, a top online casino would offer you exclusive games that you won't find anywhere else, to promote variety. Also, check out the online casinos with round-the-clock, efficient customer service. This isn't a brick-and-mortar casino where you can easily complain or ask for help, so the customer service is essential. Luckily, a lot of online casinos are available on smartphones and any other device with a fast internet connection.
This guide is a great way to get started with blackjack, but you will also need a casino do do so at. Use our comparison page to compare different legal US casinos and pick the best ones from that list in order to give yourself the best possible fighting chance at the blackjack tables.
Conclusion: Sign Up at an Online Casino and Play Blackjack Now!
The exciting and timeless game of blackjack can be played by anyone ready to concentrate, put some money down, and win big. You should check out one of the online casino sites that we have provided for you and play now! If you’re a beginner, follow this guide strictly and start playing early to get the hang of the game. Don’t forget the strategy and process. Before you know it, you’ll be winning big and enjoying the game of blackjack!