Baccarat Casino Online 2020: Rules, Winnings & Odds
To play the classic and fast-paced game of baccarat casino online, pronounced 'bah-cah-rah,' you don't have to be rich. You have to have a reasonable sum of money to get started. The game is a card game usually played at casinos, and now included in many online casinos, which comprises of two hands: the banker and the players and is officiated by the dealer. The game is in the same class with poker and blackjack, but it is more of a game of chance.
The card game is believed to have been invented in the 19th century, although some scholars believe that it dates back to the 15th century in Italy. Since then, the card game has gone through some modifications.
- There are three versions of the baccarat game
- There are also three outcomes in the card game
- A round of play is called a baccarat coup
- The point values of the cards in baccarat are from two to nine
- You play it with, at least, two players
Online Baccarat Casino Game Process
Baccarat is a fascinating game, and it is easy to learn it quickly and play it. Keep in mind that it is a game of luck, not skill. The outcomes of the games are a player win, banker win and tie. The banker is not the house, but it can be one of the players. The online casino is, in this case, the dealer. It is a table game, like blackjack is.
The player bets on any of the two hands; either the player's hand or the banker's hand.
- First, the cards are dealt by the dealer with the banker and the players. The online casino would first give the player a card; then the next card goes to the banker. In the first round, there are two for the player and the banker.
- Then, the point total of the sets is announced. The points can be from two to nine. If the point is more than 10, the second digit is the value of the hand. For example, if the number of cards dealt adds up to 12, you drop the 1, and the value would be 2.
- If the player bets on the banker's hand and it wins, the player gets ninety-five percent of the bet.
- To win, your hand should be closer to nine points.
- In the first round, the first points determine who wins. If the player gets a higher point card than the banker, the player has a 'natural win.' The total points are usually eight or nine.
Baccarat Casino Rules
- If the total points of the player's cards are five or below, the player will receive another card.
- If the total points of the player's cards are above five, the player will stand.
- If the player or the banker is dealt cards which are a total of eight or nine, both of them would stand.
- The final betting option pays out eight to one.
- When a player bets, the winnings are double the bet.
Baccarat Casino Winning Possibilities
When you want to play baccarat, the first thing you should know is that it is a game of chance, so don’t bother on relying on skill like poker is. A player has a better chance of winning at poker and blackjack than at an online baccarat casino. Even with that, there are still some steady numbers.
- Ties are scarce, although they can still happen. The probability of a tie happening is 9.5%, but there is a vast house advantage in these cases.
- The probability of the player winning is less than that of the chance of the banker winning.
- For the player, the chance of winning is at 44.6%.
- For the banker, the probability of winning is at 45.6%.
- Since ties are scarce, if you forget about the chance of there being a tie, the chances of the banker winning are increased to 51%.
- The minimum bet is $25, and the maximum is usually $100, and the winnings are twice of what the player bets.
Baccarat Casino Glossary
- Action: Used to refer to the money used to bet and hands dealt in the game.
- Banker Bet: A betting option with a house edge of 1.7%, and it takes a 5% commission if you win.
- Bankroll: Amount of money a player has to bet.
- Burning: The act of removing the top 3-5 cards after shuffling.
- Card Counting: System where the player takes note of the cards that have been dealt to predict the outcome.
- Cheques: Chips used in the card game.
- Commission: Fee charged by the online casino on the banker bet.
- Coup: One round of play.
- Face Cards: Cards worth zero, which are the King, Queen, and Jack.
- Flat Bet: Situation where the player bets the same way constantly through the game.
- La Grand Natural: The winning hand.
- La Petit Natural: The losing hand.
- Natural: When you win the first round.
- Player Bet: A betting option with a house edge of 1.36%.
- Tie Bet: A betting option with a house edge of 14.2%.
Baccarat Casino Strategy and Tricks
- Since you know that the game is one of chance, it is smarter to focus on the game rather than doing the card counting system.
- Choose baccarat games with a few decks.
- As a player, take note of how you use your money. Divide the bankroll you have into the number of rounds.
- Whenever you win, pocket in your money.
- Try not to use the online baccarat game systems when you’re playing and don’t make decisions based on previous bets.
- Don’t bet what you cannot afford, and try to avoid losing all your money early.
- Avoid bets on the tie. The house advantage is higher, and it is infrequent to win this way.
- Your bets should be mostly on the bankers hand more because of the lower house advantage but not if you’re using the betting system or using the Martingale strategy.
- Make sure you also bet on the player's hand because of the 5% commission that comes with the bankers bet.
- Don’t worry about bluffing or having a poker face, this isn’t like poker.
Playing for Free
If you're new to the game of online baccarat, it is advisable to play for free before using real money to bet in an online casino. This would help you test out your strategies and get used to the basics of the casino card game before you play with real money. You have a better chance of winning in this game when you have loads of experience, and so playing free baccarat would give you a lot of experience and increase your chances of winning.
There are many baccarat trainers' sites and apps that allow you to play for free. You can also sign up on a website and play with the bonus that they offer you before you deposit in money to play as a new player. Playing online baccarat for free is the best way to get started and if you like poker or blackjack, you’ll enjoy this one.
Baccarat Live Casino Version
The game of Baccarat has faced many different adaptations and new variants which emerged over the years and the following are some of the most popular, most played Baccarat versions that are offered by online casino venues;
- Chemin De Fer: This is one of the most popular Baccarat versions offered to players who enjoy online casino gaming. In this version of the game, players decide whether a third or fourth card is dealt. As suggested by its name, Chemin De Fer is mostly popular among French players while others also enjoy it. It is played using six decks with players competing against each other. Then, there is the Banker who is actually the player dealing the cards while other players at the table are called punters.
- Midi Baccarat: Then, there is Midi Baccarat which is among the most commonly played games of this kind. Unlike Chemin De Fer, Midi Baccarat is played with eight decks with standard Baccarat rules that apply which follow mid-range wagering units.
- Mini-Baccarat: This variant of the game is also called Punto Banco. In this game, several players with one banker or dealer control the payouts and actions at the table. One interesting thing about the game is that Mini Baccarat can be played by a single punter with lower betting limits.
- Side Bets: Side bets in Baccarat are used to win super baccarats and progressives. Here, punters have the opportunity to win bigger payouts for placing side bets.
- Vip Baccarat: Vip Baccarat is played like any other Midi Baccarat game, but it offers higher table limits, more elaborate tables and faster pace gaming actions for veteran players.
Legal Situation of Online Casino in USA
When playing baccarat casino online, you have to be careful to use legitimate sites. This is because playing online casino games are not permitted in some states, so take note that the legality depends on your location. Many sites mislead you into thinking that they are legal, but they are not. You should use baccarat casino online sites that are registered with the state you are living in and have a license. There are only a few states that permit regulated baccarat online casinos, and so if you are not in these states, your gambling is illegal.
Casinos with Baccarat: Play Now
Many online casinos provide baccarat, along with other games, but you have to choose wisely. A lot of online casinos offer bonuses and lots of gifts for new players, plus they are convenient and user-friendly. When looking out for the online casinos, you are interested in; you should keep it in mind that not all online casinos offer all the games that are out there. Before picking a site, think of the other games that you are interested in and check if the online casino also offers these games apart from online baccarat. The site with the most games you enjoy should be your first choice.
Apart from the games you enjoy, you should also consider other features. Some online casinos have the best customer service. You should pick out these, especially those that offer services for a lot of hours a day. Apart from customer service, online casinos can also provide you exclusive games that you would not find in a live casino and the best bonuses for you to earn without depositing.