Best Online Casinos in the USA 2021
The world of online casino gaming has evolved dramatically over the years. Today, finally, American players can enjoy casino games on their computers and mobile devices entirely legally. However, there is still a lot of confusion about which sites are licensed and legal and which casino players should be playing at, which is where AmericaGambles steps in to help out the players.
At AmericaGambles, you can find the comparisons of all the best casino sites out there. Along with the full reviews of all the best sites. Check out the reviews, filter the comparisons to find the casinos legal in your state, and sign up with the very best licensed operators for the ultimate online gambling experience. The goal of this guide is to show you the best online casinos in the USA and what to look out for when you are going through the various best rated online casino options.
- The Best Online Casinos for Each State
- The Best Online Casinos in the USA: Top or Flop Criteria List
- Legal Situation of Casinos Online in the USA
- Casino Games in the Best Online Casinos
- Online vs. Offline Casinos
- Legal vs. Offshore Casinos
- Checklist: Casino Registration
- Our Top 5 Online Casino Bonuses
- Our Top 5 Online Casino Apps
- Beginner Casino Tips
The Best Online Casinos for Each State
As more states legalize top rated online casinos, more people across the US are getting exposed to the leading casinos online. It is worthwhile keeping an eye on any developments in your own state going forward. Here are some of the best online casino sites available in each state that currently has legal online casinos:
- Michigan - Golden Nugget: The Golden Nugget online casino has both a mobile and desktop offering that gives you access to over 850 great casino games. There is also a welcome offer that gives you a 100% matched offer up to a total of $1,000.
- New Jersey - Golden Nugget: The Golden Nugget online casino has a platform that is easy to use and that allows you to get access to more than 850 casino games. You can play roulette, blackjack, slots and more.
- Pennsylvania - Caesars Casino: The Caesars Casino in Pennsylvania has one of the most well-rounded offerings that you will find on the market. This allows you to play more than 500 great games in a seamless way. There is also an ideal welcome package that sees you getting a 100% first deposit bonus that can be worth up to $1,000 if you decide to fully avail of this promotion.
- West Virginia – BetMGM: The BetMGM Casino in West Virginia brings everything the parent company has learned over many years as part of the casino business. The platform is pretty seamless, being fast and easy to use. There are over 400 games available, as well as a first deposit bonus offer that matches your payment 100% up to a max total of $1,000.
The Best Online Casinos in the USA: Top or Flop Criteria List
Choosing the best online casino is not an easy task, and our team of online gambling experts did so by rating each operator for many essential criteria. We bring you a rundown of the top 10 rating criteria which our reviewers used in evaluating various casinos and which you should also apply when choosing the right casino site for yourself.
Games & Software
The selection of games and software providers is a fundamental rating criterion that can easily make or break an online casino. We looked at the slots, table games, and other gambling options players can experience at the site. The selection of online slots and poker games was of particular interest to us, as well as other popular games like blackjack and roulette.
Live Casino & Dealer
When playing online casino games for real money, modern players are used to the best, and the best often comes in the form of live dealer games. Games like blackjack are surely best played in a live atmosphere, which is why we rated the live dealer platform of each casino operator we reviewed.
The title of "best online casino" can hardly go to an operator that does not offer a solid mobile gambling platform. We looked at the instant play and downloadable mobile options, their quality, and versatility. The casino apps were rated by the number of slots and table games on offer, the quality of player bonuses one can claim, and the general usability of the mobile site.
Welcome Bonus & Promotions
Online casino players are used to being pampered with promotions and bonuses, and we understand how crucial extra value is to online players. We inspected each casino’s promotions and new players bonuses and rated the operators on this criterion as well. The casinos online with the best bonuses were rated the highest, in conjunction with all the other criteria.
The customer support department is undoubtedly another vital aspect of any online business, including online casinos. We rated the casinos based on the contact methods available such as live chat and telephone lines, as well as the availability and professionalism of the agents the casino employs. Support agents were rated very positive if they were able to help with promotions, gameplay, and all other aspects of the player experience.
When picking an online casino USA, players should certainly make sure that they choose a site where they can quickly deposit and withdraw funds using their preferred payment methods. The best online casinos offer many different payment options, instant deposit processing, and fast cashouts for a complete experience. When it comes to banking, players should make sure to always choose the casino with banking options that suit their personal preferences.
Limits & RTP
Minimum and maximum bets and the overall return of the casino games that a site offers are significant for players in the long term. Whether you are looking to play for low or high stakes, you should be sure to play at an online casino that offers the kind of stakes you are looking for. When it comes to RTP, finding a casino with high RTP games makes all the difference between winning and losing in your sessions.
Online gambling can be both pleasurable and stressful, depending on the online casino one chooses to play at. While the top-ranked online casinos offer sites and apps that are easy and intuitive to use, many other sites don’t provide the same kind of usability and player-friendly options. We rate sites by the way they perform on different devices, in different browsers, and various functions.
Another crucial element when rating online casino sites is security. We look at the protocols and encryptions that the sites use to protect player information, the licenses the site operates under, and the various safety measures in place to protect player funds. We assign high ratings to the sites that offer a high level of security for their players, and that makes sure every player is protected in every way at all times.
While casino gambling is the key focus of our online casino reviews, we also look at what other forms of gambling the operator offers. If the same operator provides a sports betting or poker site, we will always make sure to rate those as well as we understand many players like to enjoy different types of online gambling. While this is not the main rating criteria, it is an important one that can add to the casino’s overall rating.
Legal Situation of Casinos Online in the USA
While the US regulates some forms of online gaming for many years, online casino gambling has been a controversial topic for decades. Only in recent years have individual states begun issuing licenses for online casino operators. Many others remain adamant about prohibiting online casinos in their borders.
The legality of online casinos in the USA is quickly expanding, and the market is becoming more prominent every day. States like New Jersey and Pennsylvania were among the pioneers of real online gambling in the USA. Other states are also working on bills to make online casinos fully legal.
If you live in one of the states where online casinos are legal, you should also make sure that the state government licenses the site you are playing with. Many offshore sites still continue to offer their services to US players, despite such sites not being regulated or licensed within the USA. Playing at such sites can be dangerous and is certainly not a good idea.
Generally speaking, however, the legal situations of online casinos in the USA is finally becoming more favorable. Players are at last able to play their favorite table games like blackjack and slot machines without any fear or caution.
Casino Games in the Best Online Casinos
The types of games that you will come across on the online casinos in the United States are going to be somewhat the same in a broader sense. You will rarely find a leading online casino site that does not have some sort of offering for each of these game types:
- Blackjack: Blackjack is a hugely popular game in the United States thanks to its simplicity and fun playing mechanics. It allows you to play against the dealer as you both strive to reach 21. With online casinos, you will get access to many different types of blackjack, adding to the variability and playing experience.
- Roulette: Roulette is going to be another staple table game when it comes to casino sites in the USA. The European Roulette variant will act as the base version that you will find. Then there will also be all sorts of great side games and variants that make people coming back again and again to play roulette.
- Slots: Slots are going to be the core of any online casino. This is because they are so easy to play and popular among online casino players. You will see all sorts of great slot developers supplying their titles to casino sites, providing a great mix of themes, features, and designs.
- Live Dealer Casino: A massive trend in recent times has been the growth in popularity of live dealer games. These allow you to get the most authentic playing experience possible from online table games. You will be playing with a real-life dealer thanks to the HD live streams. You feel like you are actually sitting in an internet casino rather than playing through your computer or mobile device.
Online vs. Offline Casinos
American players are used to playing casino games at the tables in real brick and mortar casinos, while the online casino environment is less known to them, due to the illegality of such operations for an extended period. The two environments have many similarities but also many differences, which should be taken into consideration.
Online casinos offer a much bigger selection of games for one. Since they don’t have to pay for tables, space, dealers, and other similar factors, online casinos can offer thousands of different casino games without much increase in operating costs. On the other hand, live casinos have to make sure that every table and slot machine is making a profit to justify their existence.
Live casinos, on the other hand, offer the kind of interactivity and social element that online casinos simply can’t provide. While online sites have been trying to increase the interactivity by adding live dealer games and other similar aspects to their offer, live casinos remain ahead in this category. However, keep in mind that online casinos usually offer a much higher overall RTP. This is because their games simply cost less to maintain. In addition, they can host more customers at the same time, making them more profitable.
Another significant difference is related to promotions and casino bonuses. Online casinos are usually much more rewarding in terms of bonuses as new and existing players can often pick up a new casino bonus nearly all the time. In fact, with so many sites to choose from, all available without leaving home, there is little reason to ever play without a hefty bonus in one’s account.
The real choice between live and online casinos is a personal one that every player has to make for themselves. Both environments have their upsides and downsides, and it is up to every individual to choose how they prefer to spend their gambling time.
Legal vs. Offshore Casinos
We already mentioned the difference between legal and offshore casinos, and it is one that we can’t stress enough. While there is little that the US government can do to stop offshore casinos from offering services to their players, the reality is that US players should avoid offshore sites as much as possible.
Unlike regulated sites, offshore casinos have no real reason to invest money into creating a safe and secure environment for the players. In fact, many such sites have been proven as scams, stealing cash from winning players. Even worse, they could offer unregulated games with poor RTPs, and flat out cheating the players out of their money.
Even the offshore sites that are trying to maintain a relatively stable gameplay environment often fail at doing so. The player information at such casinos is often not fully protected. The company running the show often mixes player funds with the operating funds.
If you are living in a state with legal online casinos, the incentive to play at an offshore site is almost non-existent. Not only can you get scammed, but you can also get into legal troubles if you try playing at an unregulated site. This gives only a minimal upside for you as a player.
Checklist: Casino Registration
The choice of online casino to play at is very much a personal one that every player should make on an individual basis. You should make sure to find a site that offers a service that comes the closest to your personal preferences. If you are not sure what to take into consideration, here is a quick checklist that you might want to use as your guide. The site that does the best in the most categories from this list is probably the one you should sign up with:
- Choice of tables and slots
- Value of bonuses and promotions
- Operating license in your state
- Safe and secure environment
- Professional customer service
- Versatile banking options
- Fast and secure cashouts
- Live casino games
- Mobile casino availability
- High RTP of games offered
- Player rewards program
- Site and app usability
Our Top 5 Online Casino Bonuses
We already mentioned how online casinos like to reward their players with bonuses, casino free spins, and other forms of promotions. When considering which site to sign up with, the choice of casino bonus offers should surely be one of the most important factors. We rated online casino bonuses based on size, value, and wagering requirements. After that we came up with a final list of the best online casino bonuses on the US market. You can find the top-rated bonus offers in the table below.
Our Top 5 Online Casino Apps
Online gambling has moved from PCs to mobile devices a long time ago, and today all the top-rated online casinos offer a mobile version as well. Our list of the top casino apps lists all the best downloadable and browser-based mobile casino options in the USA. Check out the top-rated casino apps and find the one that you will have the most fun while playing on your mobile phone or tablet.
Mobile Payment :No
Games Count :298+
Mobile Payment :No
Games Count :295+
Beginner Casino Tips
If you are new to the world of online casinos, you need to make sure to avoid some rookie mistakes that we commonly see from novice players. To help out with this, we have created an extensive American casino guide, filled with helpful articles that will surely help you avoid making those novice mistakes. To get you started, here is a list of a few most common mistakes that new online casino players make when just getting started:
- Playing the wrong games: Novice players are best out, starting with games that don’t require much skill. Games like blackjack or poker that require skill need to be learned before playing, while slots and similar games of chance give everyone the same shot.
- Playing too high: Playing within your bankroll is one of the most essential principles of online gambling. Make sure you are not playing stakes that you can’t afford.
- Chasing the losses: It’s perfectly fine to have a losing session in an online casino. Just make sure you don’t go crazy chasing losses when bad days come.
- Playing the wrong sites: Novice players can easily fall into the trap of playing with illegal and unregulated sites. Make sure you play with one of the AmericaGambles approved casinos.
- Playing without a bonus: Online casinos offer so many promotions that playing without an active bonus is rarely necessary. Make sure you get all the extra value you can.
- Not trying free games: Online casinos offer a chance to play casino free slots and table games. Use this chance to get to know the games before you risk real money.
- Choosing the wrong slots: If you are going to play slots, always remember to play the ones with the highest RTP and the best winning potential.
- Gambling too hard: A little gamble is to find, but moving up the stakes too aggressively or gambling too much is usually not a good idea and will result in ruin.
FAQ10 Important Questions and Answers about Online Casino
There is really no good answer to this question. While our casino reviews can give you a good idea as to the quality of a casino site, the ultimate choice of the casino to play at is up to you and you alone.
Casino bonuses are special promotional offers that give players an extra chance to play real money games. Whenever possible, players should make sure to use the casino bonuses to their advantage as it gives them an additional opportunity to beat the casino edge and come out on top.
If you take a casino bonus, you will usually have to meet a certain wagering requirement, which means you will have to wager the bonus amount a certain number of times before you can request a cashout. The wagering requirements are an important thing to consider before you claim a bonus.
Online casinos provide many bonuses as well as a huge choice of casino games, as opposed to live casinos whose offer is usually more limited in terms of both games and bonuses. Additionally, online casinos offer better payout rates and RTP percentages in most their games.
Absolutely! Online casinos offer real money slots, table games, video poker and other types of real money casino games. While free games are available, the main focus of every online casino is on the real money table games and slot machines.
Players in the USA can use deposit methods such as PayPal, credit cards, direct bank transfer and PayNearMe to make their online casino deposits. Other payment methods may also be available and players can usually make a choice between several methods available to them.
Of course! Real money online games actually usually have a better RTP than most live games, giving players a better chance to win than their live counterparts. With online casinos, players get to play with bonuses as well, making the chance of winning very realistic.
Provided that you have cleared your bonus wagering terms (if playing with a bonus), you can cash out your winnings from your online wallet at any time. If you try to cash out before clearing the bonus, you will forfeit your bonus funds and any winnings made from them.
As long as you play with a licensed and legal online casino, you can be sure that you are in good hands. You can use the AmericaGambles casino comparison to find out which online casinos are legal and licensed in your state and which ones are rated the best in various aspects of their operation.
Licensed online casinos will have a seal of the state government on their home page. Additionally, you can always check out online casino comparison here at AmericaGambles and find a list of online casinos legal in your state.