Gambling Machines: How They Work!
Before the past few couple of decades, gamblers who subscribe to playing slot machines were not really neither the brightest nor first-class citizens on the consumer segment of the casino industry. However, in the most recent couple of decades, a technological wave and one informed by change in players’ taste have ushered in a kind of evolution to what makes the spotlight in the casino industry. Things have now changed; the table has turned, and gambling machines players are now getting the kind of attention and compliments that table players used to get. This article discussed the essentials that you need to know about gambling or slot machines.
- Responsible for about 70% of revenues in the casino industry
- It simplifies gambling and makes it relatively convenient
- About 80% of first-timer visitors opt for slot machines
- The biggest, most remarkable jackpots come from slot machines
- They are basically reel-based, often called slot, fruit, or jackpot machines
Gambling machines gamblers today now get the kind of attention that table players used to get. These kind of compliments and privileged treats were not available to players of slot machines in some not-too-distant decades back. There has been a huge reconfiguration in the tide and the consumer segment of the industry has now developed quite a taste for slot machines.
Industry Accepted Definition
Many articles and resources out there continue to confuse readers, gamblers, and other stakeholders in the industry about what exactly gambling machines are – the definition. According to the Gambling Act of 2005:
A gambling machine is defined as a machine that is designed or adapted for use by individuals to gamble (whether or not it can also be used for other purposes).
The scope of this definition is very clear. There are some devices and gadgets that you will find that many people do erroneously classify as gambling machines. To this effect, we have done our research and decide to bring to shed light on this. Briefly, referencing from the Gambling Act 2005, the following highlighted devices or systems are actually not and should not be categorized as gambling machines:
- Domestic or dual-use computers;
- Telephones or other machines for facilitating communication;
- Machines designed or adapted to bet on future real events;
- Lottery terminals;
- In the case of a bingo premises, machines designed or adapted for the playing of bingo (including by way of prize gaming);
- Machines designed or adapted for the playing of bingo, by way of prize gaming, where a family entertainment center gaming machine permit or a prize gaming permit is held;
- Semi-automated casino games; and
- Wholly-automated casino games.
Simply put, gambling machines as a term is just an all-encompassing, broad term. It basically used to describe what many gamblers already known as slot machines, fruit machines, or jackpot machines.
Gambling Machines: Backbone of the Casino Industry
Numbers don’t lie; statistics clearly provide proof for these assertions. Latest reports and statistics from the casino industry revealed that about 70% of revenue that are generated in the casino industry come from these machine – or what majority referred to as slot machines. Slot machines are integral components of any standard gaming establishment, such that you almost can’t operate without them. Check out Top Online Casinos and the Best online Gambling sites and what they offer and you will agree.
Report also showed that about 80% of visitors visiting casinos for their first time to play often opt for these machines. This is because slot machines create that environment that allow new players to breathe and get transitioned seamlessly into the gaming environment – compared to the table players experience; the dealing with other players at the table and the dealers. With slot machines, new or old players can just decide to go at it alone and have a good time.
Gambling Machines: How to Play
The most commonly played game on slot machines are video games and games where players must spin the reels. You can play these games for as low as two cent, ten cents, a quarter dollar, and other affordable denominations of dollar up to $100. While some reel-spinning games on slot machines take two, three coins simultaneously, video slot game on slot machines do accept credits. Nevertheless, there are plenty of free Casino Slots for players.
Currency Acceptors: Slot machines will be relatively useless and not achieve their desired goals if these machines cannot accept and validate currency that players are willing to play on these games. As a result, almost all slot machines are designed with at least one currency acceptors. Some even have two or more currency acceptors. It works this way:
- Gamblers will slide in the bill they want to play into the space provided on the slot machine. A credit equivalent of these bill slotted into the slot machine is shown on the meter for players to gamble with.
- A “Play One Credit” button is available for gamblers on the slot machines. Gamblers will push this button till their desired amount of credit to play with is correctly set. For example, you will push this button twice to play with two credit.
- Upon successfully setting the credit amount to gamble with, a “spin reels” button is provided on the slot machines. Gamblers hit this button to actually spin the reels.
- There is also a “Play Max Credits” option for gambler on the slot machines. This simply play with the maximum allowed coins on that particular slot machine.
Remember the five types of slot machine we discussed in our article on casino slot machines, the step on how to play is a little different towards the end. This is because of the difference in configuration of these slot machine types. To play video slots on slot machines, the following additional steps are required:
- Gamblers are required to push one button to set the number of desired paylines to activate.
- A second number on the slot machine is required to be pushed by gamblers. This will set and activate the number of credits to wager for each paylines set.
- There are different paylines configuration options on slot machines. There are those with 5, 9, 15, 20, 25 and 50 paylines – the ones with 9 paylines are very easy to come by.
Types of Gambling Machines
|Types of Casino Slot Games||Features||Classic Three-Reeled Slots||All of today's modern, sophisticated slot game are based on classic, three-reeled slot games.|
Classic, three-reeled slots result in a win ever time three matching symbols appear on a payline.
Thanks to technological advancements, classic slot games include more symbols today than at their beginnings.
More popular slot machines that feature five reels include more symbols, hence more winning opportunities.
|Slots with Multiple Paylines||Slots featuring multiple paylines are improved versions of classic slots.|
With these games, players have a chance to wager on a single or many paylines.
In these games, winning paylines are dictated with patterns containing at least two symbols.
The more paylines featured, the higher winnings players can expect.
|Modern Video Slots||The very first video slot game found its way into the world of gambling in 1975.|
Back in the day, video poker games alongside video slots were the most popular games offered at brick and mortar casinos.
Video slot games commonly feature rewarding bonuses such as free spins, bonus games and progressive jackpots which promise bigger winnings.
Video slot games experienced their biggest success in online casinos.
|Progressive Slots||Modern video slot games are the basis of progressive jackpot slot games.|
In these games, a life-changing jackpot prize keeps growing until one very lucky player claims the ultimate prize.
Today, many different progressive jackpot games are part of one massive network that includes similar games and their combined progressive jackpots.
Progressive jackpot games are among the most popular options for fans of online slot games.
Slot machines, by far, have taken over the casino industry. The largest stream of revenue flowing to the casino industry comes from money made from game played on slot machines. The implication of this that casinos themselves never joke with this part of their market. They present gamblers with interesting game to play on slot machines, impressive odds for gamblers to make some return on their money, and fantastic payouts.
Gamblers get to enjoy entertaining and refreshing new and old games. While the existing ones keeps getting improvement, new slot machines games are being released almost daily.
Another important reasons you would consider this option is the payouts. When it comes to payout, percentage that accrued to gamblers have risen. This was informed by the realization on the part of casinos that they get the largest portion of the revenue.
Casinos, especially those in Las Vegas, Nevada, often offers higher payouts to gamblers on slot machines game. There are also plenty free spins bonus offer available to gamblers.
With the advancement in technology and the introduction of microprocessor, slot machines run on powerful and sleek software, notable among which are MicroGaming, Playtech, NetEnt or NetEntertainment, Saucify, BetSoft, RTG, to name but few.
Where to get more Information?
For more important information and content related to the world of online casino gaming especially slot games, you can always read through on our comprehensive, detailed Online Casino comparison page. We constantly do our due diligence in research and keep our readers informed of the latest concepts and information.