Casino Apps 2020
In this day and age, casino apps play a huge role in the overall gaming experience. Players enjoy the freedom offered by these mobile apps, allowing them to play slots, roulette, blackjack, baccarat, and other casino games on the go and whenever they feel like it. Here at AmericaGambles, we provide users with all the resources they need to find the best, most reliable online casinos, rating them by relevant criteria such as licensing, customer support, game selection, and, of course, their online gambling apps. Furthermore, we provide a functionality that will immediately tell you what casinos are legit in your state so you don't have to waste your time looking.
What Constitutes a Good Casino App?
There are several crucial aspects a good casino app has to meet to be competitive in today's market. The best of the best stand out in all of these categories, making them an excellent choice for pretty much every player out there, whathever their gaming preference may be and whatever device they might prefer (Android, iPhone, Windows phones, etc.).
Mobile Games Selection & Casino Software
One of the most important things about a casino application is how good the software is. This understands its compatibility with all sorts of devices, the ease of installation and navigation, as well as the overall stability. Whether the operator offers a standalone, downloadable app, a web-based solution, or both options can also be an important factor to some customers.
As important as the software itself is what's inside, i.e. the selection of casino games offered by the mobile app. The best casino apps give players a chance to play a big range of video slots and video poker machines, table games such as roulette, baccarat, and blackjack (in their electronic and live variation), as well as some other games like bingo, keno, and scratch cards.
Mobile Live Casino & Dealers
The live dealer segment of the iGaming world has become hugely popular with the players. For that reason, good casino gambling apps will provide customers with a variety of live dealer options fully optimized for play on the smaller screens of portable devices such as phones and tablets. Playing live roulette from the comfort of your house or while commuting to work or waiting for a friend can be a great way to pass some time and it is expected from a modern-day app to offer this functionality.
Web App / Download App
These days, many casinos are going with web apps that require no download to play and enjoy your gaming experience, which is usually quite convenient. However, some operators still have standalone solutions as well, usually as an addition to their web-based solution. In most cases, you’ll find a better selection of casino app games on web applications although some casinos do have very neat and well-rounded downloadable mobile applications as well.
Mobile Player Bonus
Bonuses and rewards can always be just a good thing – the more, the better. While most operators will give its players the opportunity to take advantage of same promos and bonuses available to desktop users, some will go a step further and offer special promos for those using the app, such as casino app free spins or an additional bonus for installing the app.
Overall Usability of the App & Special Functions
How well a mobile app behaves overall can have a big impact on your overall gambling experience. It needs to be easy to use, stable, responsive, and optimized to work well across various devices, including older Android phones and iPhones. Special points go to those apps that also have additional offers such as a sportsbook or a separate poker or bingo room.
Available Payment Options
A fully-rounded gambling app needs to offer a variety of payment options customers can use to deposit funds and withdraw their winnings. A casino needs to make the process as easy and as convenient as possible for the users as this is one of the biggest factors that help define the overall gaming experience. Access to a solid range of banking methods is a must.
Web or Download Casino Apps: Pros & Cons
Back when mobile gambling was just starting, most casinos would offer a standalone app that players could download to their device and play some of the selected best casino app games. With the development of technology, web-based apps have become a possibility and more and more operators are turning to this solution, and for a good reason.
Web applications have many advantages over the ones you download to your phone. First and foremost, most gambling apps aren’t readily available for download from their respective stores, especially in case of Android users, which makes the process of downloading and installing the software a bit complicated and confusing to some users.
Secondly, web-based solutions usually offer a much better game selection. Instead of having to build a completely new app from scratch, developers can simply do some tweaking to make the existing site compatible with mobile phones, giving players access to full range of video slots and table featured on the site.
Finally, with a web app, customers can access their account from any device that has internet connection within second without having to install any additional software. This is very convenient as it makes it easier to play on a phone or tablet that you want to keep clean from any non-essential applications.
All this being said, download applications do have some advantages to them. They are often nicely designed and provide really pleasant and enjoyable sessions, frequently somewhat smoother than what you get with mobile sites. That’s why the best operators provide both options so players aren’t restricted in any way and can have the best of both worlds.
Advantages of Using Online Gambling Apps
Some players tend to be skeptic about casino apps and wonder why would they need them in the first place and if they’re even safe to use. While this initial reaction is understandable for those who haven’t had an opportunity to use these applications before, there are actually many advantages to having a good mobile casino handy at all times.
This provides you with an opportunity to have a bit of fun and pass some time while commuting to work or during a lunch break, for example. If you enjoy gambling, this can be a great way to let out some steam, have some entertainment, and perhaps even make your day slightly better with a nice win if you catch a lucky streak. Plus, some operators will even give you a casino app no deposit bonus or a casino app free bet no deposit to get you started.
There is really no downside to having access to top casino app games at all times. It is an advantage that you can choose to use or not however you see fit. As far as the safety is concerned, as long as you stick to licensed and vetted operators, there is nothing to worry about. All of these apps have been thoroughly tested for compliance with various laws and rules so they offer highest levels of safety you’ll find in mobile software products.
Top or Flop: Our 10 Criteria for a Good Online Casino
A mobile app is just one segment of what a good online casino is all about. In all of our operator reviews, we go into details about all important aspects of a site to provide users with the full information they need to make a good choice. This is a quick overview of top ten categories we always look into in our casino comparisons.
- Games & software: The overall selection of video slots and other games offered by the operator (roulette, blackjack, etc.) as well as the quality of software in general.
- Live casino tables: How good is the selection of live dealer tables? Does the operator offer a good number of live dealer games and how good are these in terms of visuals, stake ranges, etc.?
- Mobile casino: Casino apps with real prizes must stand up to strict criteria described in this article in detail. We look for applications with a good range of games and compatible across all sorts of devices.
- Welcome bonus & promotions: What’s on offer for new users and how does the casino treat existing customers? A good range of promotions is essential to an enjoyable gambling experience.
- Customer service: If things go wrong, the support department needs to be prompt to answer, friendly, and helpful. We test all of these aspects when comparing operators.
- Payment options: Having access to a variety of options for deposits and withdrawals is very important as it makes it easier for the players to enjoy their experience with no hassle.
- Limits & RTP: An average RTP of the casino tells a lot about the operator and how good they are to play at. Likewise, we look at the range of stakes on offer and how well it caters to customers across the board.
- Overall usability: We examine the casino software in detail to see how well it behaves, how easy it is to use, and what kind of options it offers in terms of filtering, navigation, etc.
- Security: It is of the utmost importance that a casino is properly licensed to operate and offers safety features such as high-level encryption and other protection measures.
- Additional offers: Having some additional offers, like poker, bingo, or a sportsbook is always a plus as it makes it easy to try something else on the same platform.
Legal Climate in the USA
Over the past decade or so, there’s been a lot of movement in the USA in terms of online gambling. From being totally banned, it is now slowly becoming regulated in individual states, with more and more people having access to quality online casinos. However, there is a lot more work that needs to be done before the entire country gets access to online gambling.
As of right now, things are only done on state levels, so you can’t, for example, use a casino app NJ to play from Texas. Players don’t just have to be residents of states where gambling is regulated but they have to be physically located within the state, even when playing from a mobile device. This clearly complicates things and is not an ideal situation.
When it comes to mobile gambling specifically, some states have special regulations in place which can make the overall experience even less satisfactory. Geo-location services in place often perform less than optimally, leading to frustration and inexplicable errors that make it impossible to play even if everything is completely fine on the player’s side.
While all these problems can be annoying, the iGaming market in the US is still quite young so they’re somewhat to be expected. The important thing is that there’s been a lot of positive movement lately and more and more residents of the States are once again given access to their favorite slots and table games online. Hopefully, a regulation on the Federal level isn’t that far away either, which would get rid of many of the currently existing issues.
Checklist: Casino Registration
When registering with an online casino, there are several important things you should look at. These cover both general guidelines and personal preferences that help define your overall gambling experience with an operator.
- License and regulation: Is the operator licensed to offer services in your state?
- Bonuses: What do they offer to new and existing players in terms of promotions?
- Game selection: How many slots and other games are there? Is there your favorite game?
- Overall design: How do you like the site / mobile app?
- Customer support: Are they quick to answer and do they offer useful advice?
- Payment methods: Do they offer your preferred payment options?
- Speed of withdrawals: How fast do they process cashout requests?
- Fees and costs: Are deposits and withdrawals free of charge?
- Live casino: Does it exist and how good is it, if you love the live table game experience?
- Additional offers: Can you also play poker or bingo and place sports bets with the operator?
Our Top 5 Online Casinos
We rank casinos according to many important aspects that influence the overall gambling experience. While our tests are very detailed and comprehensive, our test winner doesn’t necessarily have to be the best choice for every single player. Always think about your personal preferences and requirements and see how the operator stacks up against these. If you have a special requirement, such as a particular video slot or live casino provider, make sure the casino you’re looking into offers that. This is the best way to find the best casino for yourself and ensure your gaming sessions are tailored the way you like them.
Our Top 5 Online Casino Bonus
If you’re looking for the most generous bonuses, our overall test winner doesn’t necessarily have to be the best choice for you. While the winner stands out across all categories, they may not be the one with the biggest bonus. A good bonus offer entails a decent cash match, potentially some free spins, and decent wagering requirements. It is also important to know what games are included in wagering and what kind of restrictions (if any) apply when playing with bonus funds. If that’s what you’re looking for, check out or top five picks for the best currently available casino bonus offers.
8 Gambling Tips for Beginners
Those new to online gambling often stumble across certain problems and obstacles that may seem very serious at first but are actually quite common. Our comprehensive gambling guide covers many of these in detail and offers plenty of extra information on how to play certain games, so make sure to check it out. In the meantime, these are eight tips to get you started and get you across those initial hurdles.
- Not receiving a confirmation email after registering with a casino. If you don’t receive an email to confirm your registration, make sure to wait for a little while and check your spam folder. If nothing shows up after a while, reach out to customer support to make sure your mail provider isn’t blocking emails from the operator.
- Verification process taking too long. It may feel like the verification is taking way too long but sometimes the casino staff is just overloaded with work. Be patient and give it a few days. If nothing happens, feel free to reach to customer support for an update.
- A card deposit not going through. Sometimes, your credit card deposit will fail. This is nothing to worry about, though. You can try again later, try entering an odd amount, or give it a shot with a different card.
- A game not loading in your browser. If some video slots or other games aren’t loading in your browser, make sure you have Flash enabled. Some slots still require Flash to run. If you can’t make it in your standard browser, you can always try with a different one.
- You can’t play from your state. If you get this error, it means the casino isn’t licensed in your jurisdiction and you shouldn’t be playing here.
- If you’re worried about breaking any of the bonus terms and conditions, check out with support what you’re allowed and not allowed to do while playing on the bonus money. Better safe than sorry.
- Withdrawals can sometimes take a few days, especially if it is your first cashout. Don’t start panicking if you don’t receive your cash within the first twenty four hours.
- Casinos offer a range of tools you can use to set your deposit limits and session durations. Take advantage of these if you feel you need better control over your gambling habits.
Important Questions & Answers about Casino App Games
To wrap things up, we’ll now address some of the most common questions that have to do with casino apps. If there is anything unclear up to this point, this section should provide you with answers you seek. Hopefully, after going through this section, you’ll know everything you need to know about gambling online using mobile apps.
Most casino apps are completely free to use. You can download them from the operator’s site free of charge or use the web app at no cost whatsoever. They are simply another convenience provided to the players who prefer playing on the go.
Casino apps are completely legal as far as they are provided by the operator that has a license to offer games in a particular jurisdiction. Licensed casinos can offer mobile apps as a part of their service with no restrictions if they comply with relevant laws and regulations.
Apps provided by licensed casinos are very safe to use. These undergo rigorous testing to make sure they’re completely safe to use and don’t harm the user’s device in any way, shape, or form. Furthermore, they have to feature high safety levels and protect the player’s information at all times.
These apps are mobile versions of casino operators. They either work as standalone casinos developed specifically for mobile devices or by using a web site optimized for mobile use. Either way, they provide players with access to a range of video slots, poker machines, and other gaming options.
The best apps are usually offered by the best casino operators. So, if you’re looking for the best Android or iOS casino app, look for the ones provided by big-name online casinos. Instead of featuring a separate casino craps app or a casino blackjack app, these will usually have all games in one place.
Pretty much all apps provided by real-money casinos pay real cash. You’ll usually have access to a variety of payment methods you can use to withdraw your winnings straight from your phone, making the entire process very simple and straightforward?
In some instances, you’ll need to download casino apps Android or casino apps iPhone to be able to play. With most casinos these days, though, you’ll be able to play straight from your browser with no download required.
There are many advantages to having a good gambling app on your phone. In addition to being able to play your favorite games, including live blackjack and roulette, you’ll often get some casino app free money to boost your bankroll and improve your winning chances.
Despite what some players might think, apps provided by licensed and regulated online casinos aren’t rigged in any way. These mobile applications are regularly tested for fairness and randomness to ensure users aren’t being cheated and everything is on the up and up.
You most certainly can. Deleting a gambling app is just as easy as deleting any other mobile app. Once you uninstall the software, it will be completely removed from your phone and it won’t leave any residual files or additional apps, either.